PDA

View Full Version : failed flash

69camaro5speed
November 9th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I have a 06 8.1 with allison 6 speed it has aftermarket alarm and other aftermarket stuff when doing the engine tuning it fales flashes 99% of the time takes 3 times to get it though.If I have a failed allison flash will it recover it on next flash like it does on ecm flashes i know some computers are differant i am sure it will fale on some flashes so not wanting to buy a 6 speed computer sure they arent cheep. has anyone had a failed 6 speed flash and recovered it? any ideas?

The Neens
November 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I have recovered one on a '07 LBZ/Allison after Guy from SoCalDiesel suggested that I read, not flash, the TCM file to get it unlocked...

GMPX
November 11th, 2008, 09:05 AM
If you have any aftermarket equipment that needed to be connected to any data bus on the vehicle you might need to isolate that device every time you reflash. Unfortunately a lot of the aftermarket devices that are connected to the data bus do not 'behave' and often cause problems.

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
November 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Except I doubt there are any aftermarket devices that would be on the GMLAN bus on an 06....

69camaro5speed
November 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM
not sure what it hooks to but it has remote start and door locks after market

beach_33
January 8th, 2009, 09:22 AM
for some reason when flashing my tcm i have to unplug my ecm before i start the flash. but then again i just had to replace my tcm and i havent tried flashing yet as i am afraid of messing this tcm up

joecar
January 8th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Beach_33 welcome...:cheers:

Pull the fuses for any device that might communicate on the CAN bus (i.e. which may interfere with the flash)... including On-Star and BCM.

GMPX
January 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Normally, majority of people tuning Duramax's do not need to pull fuses or disconnect other modules. We spent a lot of time trying to get programming as robust as possible on these vehicles.
I know nearly all the handhelds tell you to pull fuses, which is fine because you are really only programming the truck once with them, but of course EFILive is different in that you might program a truck 2 or 20 times per day so pulling fuses everytime would get old quickly.

99% of times on a stock truck with no aftermarket electronics fitted EFILive will read / program the truck in high speed without error. So please ensure any aftermarket electronics are switched off before trying to program.
If the programming fails, then it is usually just a case of turning the IGN off for 30 seconds then try to reflash again and EFILive should automatically recover.

Cheers,
Ross

beach_33
January 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
the problem with mine was it would load the boot loaders and erase the tcm memory. then i would start the flash and then stop like it was done after a couple of seconds. warning would come up and say tcm in unknown state. i tried everything. fuses, and disconnected everyaftermarket thing i had on the truck and it would make any differance. called brayden and he said try unpluging the ecm and then flash. did that and it worked. it was odd though because it didnt use to do it then one day it started doing it. thanks for the welcome. i have been here a while i just dont ever really post