PDA

View Full Version : E38 No Start

VEGASROBBI
November 9th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I installed a 2007 LH6 5.3 in my 82 Toyota PU.

I applied the VATS Patch, set G1204 "VATS Enable" to "No".

I set G1210 to Type 2, if I set it too type 3 it sets a code P0513 "Incorrect Imobilizer key".

I performed a full Reflash after saving the file and still no fuel. Spark, fuel pressure, PT relay, etc... all OK, just no Noid.

I have power at the injectors and all powers and grounds seem correct at the ECM.

No theft related codes are present. Data shows:
"VTD Fuel System" - Enabled.
"Fuel disabled" - No

Any help would be appreciated, Robbie.

VEGASROBBI
November 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Got it started.

I noticed on several other forums this same question is common so here are my settings;

LABELS
Parameters Value
{G1204} VATS Enable No
{G1205} VATS Auto learn Enable Yes
{G1206} VATS Required To Run No
{G1208} VATS Fail Diagnostic Enabled
{G1209} VATS Mode No
{G1210} VATS Type Type 2
{G1211} Remote Start Allowed Yes
{G1214} Relearn Count 1.000000 Counts
{G1215} Relearn Timer 600.000000 Seconds
{G1216} Theft Relearn Password Yes

Type 3 would not work for me.

Most IMPORTANT it would not get injector pulse until the ECM saw resistance at the yellow/black "starter enable" wire. At one point it thru a P0615 code. According to Mitchell the ECM will ignore required signals until it gets valid starter relay feedback(at least this is how I intutpreted it).

At first I wired in the trigger from a Bosch 4 pin relay, about 80 ohms, it STARTED about one out of three times. The more resistance I added the more often it started. I grounded (yes, I was frustrated) the yellow/black wire and it fired up every time.

For goodness I wired in a 60 ohm resistor and it fires up 95% of the time.

Even though I don't fully understand what's going on I hope this post helps someone.

BTW it sounds great.

GAMEOVER
November 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Thats Interesting......Thanks for the info:)

GMPX
November 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I am searching the ECM code to disable that missing starter relay no start issue, it's annoying when the engine is being used in a transplant.

Cheers,
Ross

4wheelin
November 22nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
That sound like the issue I'm having with the VZ Thunder Calabration. I have done a number of transplants and have found that some callibrations start and some don't, I also had an issue where one callibration wouldn't rev over 4000 rpm. I use this when possible, although it won't run AFM. This tune isn't finished, needs more timing work, it will ping. You have to do a full flash with a bootblock bypass.

Joel

gmh308
July 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I am searching the ECM code to disable that missing starter relay no start issue, it's annoying when the engine is being used in a transplant.

Cheers,
Ross

Ross does this apply to E40's as well?

GMPX
July 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I don't know :lookaround: