PDA

View Full Version : What is best mpg(US) I can expect on LBZ?

veggie
November 9th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Newbie to this forum with a strictly stock 06LBZ 4WDCCLB and only 5K miles on it. I currently get about 18mpg city and 22 highway by keeping the tach at 1600RPM. The reason I have so little mileage on the truck is that diesel prices here are still outrageous and I am afraid to try a vegetable oil conversion and don't want the hassle of cooking, filtering, and drying my own biodiesel. If I could be guaranteed 25mpg highway with EFILive, I'll buy one.
Otherwise I will have a truck for sale. Veggie near Washington, DC USA

ScarabEpic22
November 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Welcome aboard man!

Its not quite that simple as saying I want to get at least 25mpg hwy, you have to make your own tunes with EFILive or buy them from a tuner. If you want to learn how to tune and make lots of power and get good mileage then EFILive is right for you, but if you dont want to learn then you're probably better off with a handheld programmer.

8100 Power
November 10th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Newbie to this forum with a strictly stock 06LBZ 4WDCCLB and only 5K miles on it. I currently get about 18mpg city and 22 highway by keeping the tach at 1600RPM. The reason I have so little mileage on the truck is that diesel prices here are still outrageous and I am afraid to try a vegetable oil conversion and don't want the hassle of cooking, filtering, and drying my own biodiesel. If I could be guaranteed 25mpg highway with EFILive, I'll buy one.
Otherwise I will have a truck for sale. Veggie near Washington, DC USA

Your asking alot for a 7000K truck to get 25MPG. I achieved around 22 with tune.

You not going to get much better than that with a Full Size Diesel Truck.