PDA

View Full Version : Ok i just purchased new flash and scan tool.. which setting

blitzer
September 8th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Hey guys.. ;)

I have alot of driveing to do today... I have 2005 cts-v modded out big time..

If i want to log for a few hours to get some good readings which setting is best.. i guess 600 was default?

Im going today to get laptop... that walking back & forth while im in learning mode is for the birds.. When i get this tuning device downpat, then i might be so feet sore lol.... until then lappy for me..

Also... they meaning dealer screwed up my hi performance pcm.. i am running alot of hp way over stock for the V which is 400. They reflashed back to stock... so it is running like crap... i have engine light on now, my shift poit was right at 7k now at 5400 rpm it goes into power loss shut down mode... im soo pissed... i got to get this car back right.. i hope i can learn this fast enough to reflash to get it running decent then learn the rest and do other least important chnages later.... but really guys.. if someone has some quik pointers, help, please.. i would be so grateful..

later blitzer
email: blitzer_3geb@cox.net

GMPX
September 8th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Hey guys.. ;)

I have alot of driveing to do today... I have 2005 cts-v modded out big time..

If i want to log for a few hours to get some good readings which setting is best.. i guess 600 was default?

Im going today to get laptop... that walking back & forth while im in learning mode is for the birds.. When i get this tuning device downpat, then i might be so feet sore lol.... until then lappy for me..

Also... they meaning dealer screwed up my hi performance pcm.. i am running alot of hp way over stock for the V which is 400. They reflashed back to stock... so it is running like crap... i have engine light on now, my shift poit was right at 7k now at 5400 rpm it goes into power loss shut down mode... im soo pissed... i got to get this car back right.. i hope i can learn this fast enough to reflash to get it running decent then learn the rest and do other least important chnages later.... but really guys.. if someone has some quik pointers, help, please.. i would be so grateful..

later blitzer
email: blitzer_3geb@cox.net

You can only log for 25mins (I am talking 24channels 10fps), the scan tool document does explain better than I can how to setup the blackbox logging.
Can you contact the supercharger company that supplied the initial tune for your car and explain the dealer screwed it up?, they might be able to put your tune in again, better than starting from scratch.
When it goes into Reduced power mode you need to check the DTC's that are getting set, that should point you towards the table that needs changing (usually a MAF vs MAP table).

Cheers,
Ross

blitzer
September 8th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Thank you GM.. i am grateful for sure.. i got an error code also on the first hook up with efi.. I got some code looked 10$ canr rem now.. i will post it later.. looked it said low voltage for pcm or oil sensor.. ect..

thanx blitzer