PDA

View Full Version : A little confused and a little lost

Naf
November 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, i have been loggin in closed loop and open loop and sofar my mixture has been good...But i am gettin knock retard when i shouldnt and no knock retard when i should...

The biggest problem is there are NO qualified tuners in my area and when people know where i am they stop communicatin...

I was actually thinkin of gettin the roadrunner but there is no actual proper feedback where it shows a customer justified the purchase...

Your thoughts?

jfclubby
November 11th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Naf, You will probably never look back if you bought a road runner, Lots of people have them, And you'll find everyone is happy with it:)
:cheers:
Regards James.

5.7ute
November 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Naf, it wouldnt hurt to post your tune & a list of mods. As for the roadrunner now I have one I would never go back. I rarely use the rtacs function but used in emulation mode they are awesome. Also it only takes a couple of seconds to reflash instead of half a minute.

WeathermanShawn
November 13th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Looked at your log, but I am a little confused. Without seeing your actual tune, it is a little hard to figure out. What AFR are your commanding? It appears your at 14.68AFR until 100Kpa's. Is that correct?

Also, look at your injector duty cycle. Are you really maxing out at 110%, and a spark maximum of 56 degrees?

The RoadRunner is very convenient, but a lot of tuning is your own knowledge and understanding, and how you apply it. It can aid in accelerating your learning curve, but it doesn't replace the hours of homework you have to do to accomplish tuning.

If you can post your tune, that would help. My first hunch is you are way too lean. Whether it is mechanical or your commanding a lean AFR will require more information.