PDA

View Full Version : Scripts don't work for timing and fuel

vortecfcar
November 15th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Support,

I wanted to post this up for you and for the folks that may have had trouble with scripts lately. I've had some trouble with the latest release and the script section of my library. Customers are downloading scripts, running them, and not getting the desired results. I've tracked it down to a problem where the script doesn't apply to the stock fueling or timing tables (they remain stock). I've attached a tune and a modified tune so you can see what I mean. Build a script and then run that script over the stock file. Check the pulsewidth tables and timing table C.

Thanks,

Nick

sent an email to Ross

vortecfcar
November 15th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Check that on the timing table. Doesn't look to effect the DSP5 timing tables, but does affect the base b and c.

It also affects cranking pressure quantity,and rail pressure limits... will add to the list as I find out more.

Nick

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Nick,

Can you please send the relevant files to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

GMPX
November 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Paul, if you don't get them check your Spam, for some reason (must have been the attachment names) Nick sent these to me but they got junked.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
November 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I have the files.

Nick, I can reproduce the problem you are seeing.
I am trying to figure out what is causing it so I can fix it asap.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 16th, 2008, 11:13 AM
There's a fault in the create script routine that causes the update area to not get created correctly.

For example in the script is the entry:

50= B0720 SET B0720 "10,30" . Main Injection Pulse
It should have been created by the script creation routine as:

50= B0720 SET B0720 "10,30,MAX,MAX" . Main Injection Pulse
When the script is run, the entry "10,30" resolves to "10,30,10,30" which means it will only update a single cell (the cell where GM.FRPACT=10 and GM.FUELQ_MAIN_DMA=30).

The create script routine should have created the entry: "10,30,MAX,MAX" instead of "10,30".

If you add "MAX,MAX" (or the actual maximum label values of: "190,100") to the update area of the tables that are failing, then the script will run correctly.

Note:
In the Sample Script.txt file there is a comment that says:
; * If a data block is specified then the data block determines the size of
; the update area
That is not correct, the update area is determined by the entry in the "Update area" column.

Meanwhile a fix will be added to the EFILive Tune Tool that automatically adds MAX,MAX if the 3rd and 4th values are missing from the "Update area" entry while a script is running.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 16th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Another issue that I am investigating is the mysterious appearance of line breaks in script files.

The first image shows how the script is currently being created, then second image shows how it should have been created.

So please check your scripts for those line breaks and fix them if necessary.

Regards
Paul

Chuck CoW
November 16th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Trouble with scripts.....I've had some trouble with scripts too.... Like you're showing and also, I've found that scripts don't always produce consistent results.....

For instance....When a script is generated, is it taking the difference in % between the files or the mathematical difference?

I would imagine that depending on how you derive the "difference" between the original files you could get very different results....

Like in the case of trans files....I change my files by adding fixed amounts of MPH to files to change them when I tune....But then, when using scripts to replicate my tune files the MPH #'s are always different than I originally intended.....

Other issues (i forget the details) when I use scripts on T43 files, for some reason it gets halfway through a script changeover and aborts where the trouble spot is and unfortunately does not resume and Live fails to manipulate the remainder of the file.....That's a drag....

Chuck CoW

vortecfcar
November 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Ross and Paul,

The errors as you described them are exactly what I'm experiencing. Thanks for being swift on this. It's a large part of my business!:) much appreciated.

Nick

vortecfcar
November 19th, 2008, 01:28 PM
ps-

What sort of time frame am I looking at for a fix? :)

Thanks,

Nick

Blacky
November 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM
The fix will be in the next update of the EFILive V7.5 software. That is scheduled to be sometime early next week.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
December 2nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
Paul,

Not to be a pest, but maybe I can have access to one of the older versions of the software - where the scripting worked? I have all the new .calz files ect. I'm unable to update my library without the ability to script.

Nick

Blacky
December 2nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
An update is being released later today that has the script problems fixed.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Paul,

Not to be a pest, but maybe I can have access to one of the older versions of the software - where the scripting worked? I have all the new .calz files ect. I'm unable to update my library without the ability to script.

Nick

I just checked the latest release and the scripts have been fixed in the latest release (V7.5.5 build 74). Have you updated your software to that build?
If you have already upgraded to build 74, do the scripts still fail? And if so, how are they failing now?

Regardless, another update (build 75) will be released later today.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
December 3rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
I didn't know 74 was available, I still get .72 when I try to download from www.efilive.com.

I'll try scouring the forum.

edit: Looks like 74 is available as an update, I should read instructions better. I'm stuck in the download new release mindset.

Thanks,

Nick

ScarabEpic22
December 3rd, 2008, 06:27 AM
And build 75 is now available too... just an FYI. Found that out after messing with my options file and hit update for $hits and giggles and bam got a new update.

beach_33
December 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
i updated to build 74 and scripting works for me. but no matter i am going to update to build 75 know

vortecfcar
December 4th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Just used some today. Thanks for the fix guys, much appreciated! :)