PDA

View Full Version : Scan problem

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
When I have the scan tool open on dashboard and right click and click on CHART PROPERTIES it locks everything up.I have to ctrl+alt+del and end task.I have upgraded to the newest version and it still does it..........................Paul

joecar
November 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Paul,

When this happens:
- did you have no pids selected...?
- were you connected to vehicle...?
- was tunetool and/or EFILive Explorer open...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Paul,

When this happens:
- did you have no pids selected...?
- were you connected to vehicle...?
- was tunetool and/or EFILive Explorer open...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

I had pids selected,I was not connected to car,Wasn't a problem before.Tune tool was open,Was not a problem before.It just started to happen,Don't know why.Thanks Joe........Paul

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
When you right click on other charts, and/or other gauges does it still lock up? Or does it only lock up when right clicking on a particular chart?

Regards
Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
When you right click on other charts, and/or other gauges does it still lock up? Or does it only lock up when right clicking on a particular chart?

Regards
Paul

No,Only on CHART PROPERTIES.Everything works normal on my desktop.It only happen's on my laptop,So I'm figuring it's something I did because I can't leave well enough alone:doh2: OK so I get bored I have to tinker with stuff:angel_innocent:....................Paul

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM
The charts page has four charts on it. Does it only lock up when you right click on a particular chart? Or does it lock up on all four charts?

Regards
Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 12:47 PM
The charts page has four charts on it. Does it only lock up when you right click on a particular chart? Or does it lock up on all four charts?

Regards
Paul

When I right click,When I have dashboard(F10) open and it has CHART PROPERTIES,Under that RESIZE to DASHBOARD,Under that ADD,under that CHANGE CHART TO,Then REMOVE CHART,Then DASH SETTINGS.Then when I click on CHART PROPERTIES it locks up,Everything else works normal before I do that though.I must have did something to mess it up..................Paulhttp://i35.tinypic.com/10nsv9t.jpg

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Each of the four charts have their own "right click" menu. The menus look the same but will open up different settings based on the underlying chart.
See image and try right clicking on each of the charts in the positions indicated by the red lines. Does it fail/hang when you do that for all four charts?

Regards
Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yes on all 4 charts

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Can you please zip up the \My documents\EFILive\V7.5\VDash folder and send it to me at paul@efilive.com, I'll see if I can see what is wrong.

Regards
Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I'll have to transfer it from my laptop to desktop.I'm not to good at sending stuff like like that,But I'll give it a shot.It might take some time:grin:...................Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Found something strange.I have a vdash backup copy on a disk.When I open it on my desktop it looks normal.When I open it on my laptop it does not look right.The bottom picture is the laptop. http://i36.tinypic.com/28mcp5f.jpghttp://i36.tinypic.com/23tlbpu.jpg

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
You can try restoring the original dashboards by selecting the menu option:
Dashboards->Recall Installation defaults->...

However, that will delete/overwrite any changes you may have made to the default dashboards.

Regards
Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 02:46 PM
OK I will try that,Because if I send you anything it will look normal.It's showing up weird only on my laptop....Thanks.................Paul

driver456
November 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well that didn't work.I'll try something else and post back tomorrow....Thanks.*UPDATE* OK I unistalled the tune & scan and reinstalled it and now it works,But I have to start all over again UUUGH!!!...........................Paul