PDA

View Full Version : Stupid blower belts...

wait4me
September 8th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Stupid blower belts..... :( How are you guys not killing them with high boost? I get three or four full throttle runs before they melt.... :( Is there a cog setup for an f2r on a hacked up camaro? Im already running an 8 rib setup with ribs and heat relefs cut into the pullies... :(

Ira
September 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Well, you could always go to cog belts, the one's on the rear of a Harley would probably work fine and not slip.

Ira

wait4me
September 8th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Where would a guy like me obtain a cog setup for mine that would fit? I called ati, and the laughed at me and told me they cant help.. I already cant fit an airfilter on the blower as the neck is almost all the way on the fan shroud as it is...

Delco
September 8th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Stupid blower belts..... :( How are you guys not killing them with high boost? I get three or four full throttle runs before they melt.... :( Is there a cog setup for an f2r on a hacked up camaro? Im already running an 8 rib setup with ribs and heat relefs cut into the pullies... :(

On any high boost setup we run a gilmer driver , even then we occasionally break a kevlar poly belt , I think we wrecked 4 getting the tune done on the SV300 , and thats only at 17 psi

wait4me
September 8th, 2005, 06:06 PM
What is a driver? Sorry, ....

Im thinking of backing mine down if i dont have a fix.. 60 bucks a belt gets pretty expensive on the weekends.. Costs me more than the nitrous did.. :)

Im at 22 or so lbs right now, It is a dangerous car, But, Sure is a blast to drive....... Just need to make it more dependable.

Blacky
September 8th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Not sure if Delco uses the same as this, but this is a kevlar (I think), ribbed belt. Sorry, I don't have a shot of it stationary. Delco can probably post a shot of one.

Paul

Delco
September 9th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Not sure if Delco uses the same as this, but this is a kevlar (I think), ribbed belt. Sorry, I don't have a shot of it stationary. Delco can probably post a shot of one.

Paul

That looks identical to mine - just I run a lot smaller pulley :shock:
They call the small belt a gates poly chain GT4

GMPX
September 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM

Paul

That looks identical to mine - just I run a lot smaller pulley :shock:
They call the small belt a gates poly chain GT4

I think those photo's are from a Starr kit?, looks like it from the airbox setup, perhaps Jesse better pop some photo's of he's belt up to give us some idea.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
September 9th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I think those photo's are from a Starr kit?, looks like it from the airbox setup, perhaps Jesse better pop some photo's of he's belt up to give us some idea.

Cheers,
Ross

Yes, I took those pics of Peter's monaro.
Paul

joecar
September 10th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Is it just me, or do you see that the pulley axes are not parallel...?
Are the pulley faces in the same vertical plane...?
Maybe it's just optical illusion on my part.
:shock:

Blacky
September 10th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Is it just me, or do you see that the pulley axes are not parallel...?
Are the pulley faces in the same vertical plane...?
Maybe it's just optical illusion on my part.
:shock:

Probably just the "fish-eye" effect of the camera lens.
If they weren't parallel the belt wouldn't stay put very long.
Paul

mistermike
September 14th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Yep, they're parallel. Starr just sent me the upgraded 36 mm cog belt and pulley to reduce chance of breakage. Now if I can just get the serpentine belt to behave. No breakage or severe burning, but I can pick up 2 Lbs boost if I overtighten it.

Brains
September 14th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I just skipped the belt and hooked the thing to the exhaust instead.. ;)

wait4me
September 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I gave up on my car, Went to the track last sunday, and well, Got one shi.... i mean crappy run. I had 4 trys before i gave up. i went thru 3 belts on the first 3 runs right at the starting line, and the 4th was skating down the track all over the place on my slicks, even with feathering the throttle the whole time. As soon as i hit 14lbs, the tires just go up in smoke in any gear..... I think i need to tub the car now due to it being unsafe, and allow me to use alot wider tires. The belts are breaking right of the line as soon as it hits 24lbs of boost if i punch the throttle., I tried playing with my boost wastegate to let all the boost out till higher tps, but i just dont know.. 137mph in the quarter as i was able to grab traction right before the finish line in 5th gear.....

:( A Scary uncontrollable car and No traction= not too much fun anymore...

wait4me
September 16th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Ohh, and here are some pics of the car and my wifes lingenfelter transam.. :) My son was helping me put on another blower belt. "Yes there where jackstands." :)http://wait4meperformance.com/P1010048.jpg

http://wait4meperformance.com/P1010029.jpg

http://wait4meperformance.com/P1010049.jpg

http://wait4meperformance.com/P1010031.jpg

http://wait4meperformance.com/P1010042.jpg[/img]

SS2win
September 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM
wholly massive pictures, batman!