PDA

View Full Version : OK I have done my first logs and alredy need help...

exploder
November 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I just got the whole thing setup last night and upgraded to COS5 with 2 bar map enabled. I went out and did a few logs and got the base part throttle stuff nailed to 1.0 through the BEN. My first problem arose today when I went to give it anything above about 30% TPS the car goes dead lean and starts to buck. I attached 2 log files the first showing what mainly just one spot with the lean spike and the other showing the same trend, but more driving around included. TIA

Blacky
November 15th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Is your MAF still fitted on the vehicle? If so it will be confusing the ECM with different airflow readings compared to the 2-bar MAP. You must either remove the MAF or leave it in place but make the ECM think it has failed so that it will ignore it.

Page 15 of the Custom OS tutotrial shows how to leave the MAF in place and make the ECM ignore it. You should have at least 1 MAF fail DTC showing when you check for trouble codes - that shows that the ECM is ignoring the MAF.

Regads
Paul

exploder
November 15th, 2008, 02:07 PM
It is all setup correctly as far as the maf failing and the 2 bar now. I did realize that I was logging the psi instead of kpa for my BEN factors and that was screwing up some of the Auto Ve I was doing.

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Some more info regarding units:

Configuring units in scantool/tunetool:
showthread.php?t=7585 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7585)
showthread.php?t=164 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=164)
showthread.php?t=1757 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1757)
showthread.php?t=2722 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2722)

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Also, set these out-of-range parameters to in-range (see Out-Of-Range tab):
A0001
A0002
A0012
A0013
A5602

The tunetool displays the min or max allowed value (whichever is closer) for a parameter that is outside the min..max range;

to set to in-range, enter the closer of min+1 or max-1 (if you follow my meaning), repeat on each out-of-range parameter, save the file...

if you wanted the precise/exact same min or max value, then also do the following:
close the tunetool, reopen the tunetool, set the previously displayed min or max value on the same parameters, save the file.

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Hi exploder,

Do you have a manifold-referenced FPR...?

In the tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Display and set:
- VE units to g*K/kPa,
- Fuel units to AFR or EQ.

Why do the last 2 columns in B3605 go lean...?

What do the minor peaks/valleys in B3618 represent...?

B3801 is enabled... I would still disable it even tho B4205 is maxed/disabled.

Be sure to log DYNCYLAIR_DMA so you can correlate to spark table B5913.

exploder
November 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I have a boost referenced FPR and have dropped the base pressure to 42psi. I followed the tutorial and maxed the values that it told me to and I guess that is why they are out of range. I am going to go back and check a few things you guys mentioned and do some more logging in the morning and report back on how it did. I went to the racetrack today and got the ve pretty close for on and off boost.

exploder
November 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Why do the last 2 columns in B3605 go lean...?

For some reason when I try and type in B3605 it shows that it doesn't exist "B3605 not found"?? What is that all about?

What do the minor peaks/valleys in B3618 represent...?

I also have no idea why there were peaks and valleys there. I changed it all to 11ish to be on the safe side; or do you think I should set it elsewhere for a high boost application?

Here is a another tune file attached so you can maybe have another look after I modified it some. I also smoothe the spark and VE's quite a bit by hand. I will go out and log some tommorow and see if it helped.

Lastly now when I really get down on the gas I am hitting the 1514 code everytime...can somebody trim my VE and IFR appropriately to get me started or is there a new better way of doing it by now?

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Ooops... my mistake, I meant B3647 not B3605... (the COS B3647 table replaces the B3605 table from non-COS).

I was just curious about the ripples in B3618.

Don't smooth VE's too much... operate the throttle as smoothly as you can ("good data") and apply the BEN filter (if you can think up a better filter, then edit it) to ignore "bad data".

P1514: see tables C6101 and C6102... they work together, but I'm not sure how...
maxing out C6101 will be as bad as having it too low;
there's a few threads about this somewhere here...

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I have a boost referenced FPR and have dropped the base pressure to 42psi...Did you measure the rail pressure with the manifold reference hose removed...?

What did the gauge read...?

This is the pressure you enter into spreadsheet.

e.g. gauge pressure is 42 psi, then 96*sqrt(42/43.5) = 94.33 lb/hr = 11.885 g/s.

More info: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4821

exploder
November 17th, 2008, 04:04 AM
The rail pressure is 42psi with the vacuum hose connected. Why do you ask? Am I missing something with my IFR tables? I went back into that c6102 and raised those values as well. I never saw that table and that could definetly be some of what was triggering the 1514. I am going to go out and do some more logging to see if it is any better.

exploder
November 17th, 2008, 04:12 AM
I see kinda see what you are saying, I guess I calculated my IFR table wrong. I guess if I go in and adjust the IFR then now my VE will be off. I'm going to go plug those numbers in and give it another shot.

exploder
November 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I went out and changed the IFR and did a few more logs. It seems to run a little better now and it also hasn't hit the 1514 today....yet. I do have one other quick question regarding idle. I noticed since I have made the changes the car wants to idle down really low when I roll up to a stop. I wonder what idle or airflow tables I need to adjust to give this area a little help?

joecar
November 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'm no expert in idle, so I refer you to this, this may help: showthread.php?t=4661 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661)