PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Newer PCM need help with license

4DRUSH
November 15th, 2008, 01:43 PM
When from 97-98 to 99+ pcm. My tuner used his commerical license for the tune. I deleted all my old tunes in my EFI Personal scan & tune program. I was able to read a copy the new tune from my car, but not able to send a altered tune back to the car. Under V1 PCM licensing it shows I have license 1 & 2 available. But under the Licensing window in the flash scan info section it shows a Commerical type license and different info than what is entered in my License Mananager window. Please :help2:

4DRUSH
November 16th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Let me rephrase my question:

I have V1 EFI Live Personal Scan & Tune. My tuner upgraded from the 97-98 pcm to the 99+ pcm. The tune was done on his Commercial cable & computer. I can down load the tune from my car to my computer using my cable and make changes to it, but I can't upload to the pcm.
I need to license the new pcm correct?
problem is- when I go the help>PCM Licensing under Flash Scan info it shows a Commercial Scan & Tune Type and different Firmware version than what my cable is. It shows I have two licenses available which is strange, because my old pcm was licensed.
Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this new PCM licensed with my cable? Thanks Jay

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Jay,

I pm'd Tech Support.

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Can you post a screenshot of the license window...?

kbracing96
November 16th, 2008, 08:23 AM
97-98 don't require a license to tune them which is why it doesn't show a used license for it, they are free. Your new 99+ PCM does require a license like you said. The way you license is by trying to flash in the new tune and it will recognize that you have not licensed this pcm, and then it will close out the flashing utility and open the licensing prompt where it will ask you if you want to license to this PCM to your flashscan v1 and you just tell it yes and confirm and it will license to your cable. Then you can flash as much as you want. :)

4DRUSH
November 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
97-98 don't require a license to tune them which is why it doesn't show a used license for it, they are free. Your new 99+ PCM does require a license like you said. The way you license is by trying to flash in the new tune and it will recognize that you have not licensed this pcm, and then it will close out the flashing utility and open the licensing prompt where it will ask you if you want to license to this PCM to your flashscan v1 and you just tell it yes and confirm and it will license to your cable. Then you can flash as much as you want. :)

Thanks alot That did it :grin:

I was excepting a new window to open. What happened was an "License PCM" button appeared on the same screen and I didn't notice it at first. After that everything was easy. Thanks again