PDA

View Full Version : ** New Member **

Nemo
November 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Hows it going guys, everyone calls me Nemo. Im on several forum boards and drive a 04.5 LLY Duramax. I have a PPE hot+2 ET at the moment and want EFI Live but would like to learn as much as I can about EFI, maybe start using it myself on my truck... I will mostly be lurking around the site.

-Nemo

joecar
November 16th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Nemo, welcome to the forum... :cheers:

You can download the 7.5 software from here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124

Without the cable/hardware you can still view log files and view/edit tune files (there's sample files under the bin and logs folders under My Documents\EFILive\V7.5, or any log/tun file that you find)... you just can't log or flash without the cable/hardware.

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

Nemo
November 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Which do I get tuning licenses, Stream Licenses, EFILive V4 Licenses, or do I need all of them?

-Nemo

Nemo
November 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
What Exactly do I need to buy so I can start tuning my LLY Duramax?

-Nemo

ScarabEpic22
November 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
You need either:
A FlashScan V1 Personal (if you want to use one of the DSP custom OSs you need to get commercial)
OR
A FlashScan V2 Scan & Tune.

The biggest differences are V2s are field upgradeable and will soon allow for standalone flashing and reading of ECM, TCM, and PCMs so you dont need to carry a laptop around. Also V2s have more inputs.

Nemo
November 16th, 2008, 04:36 PM
You need either:
A FlashScan V1 Personal (if you want to use one of the DSP custom OSs you need to get commercial)
OR
A FlashScan V2 Scan & Tune.

The biggest differences are V2s are field upgradeable and will soon allow for standalone flashing and reading of ECM, TCM, and PCMs so you dont need to carry a laptop around. Also V2s have more inputs.

Ok, so the V2s is the way to go than. lol thank you for leavin' a differance between the V1 and V2s...

-Nemo

Chuck CoW
November 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hows it going guys, everyone calls me Nemo. Im on several forum boards and drive a 04.5 LLY Duramax. I have a PPE hot+2 ET at the moment and want EFI Live but would like to learn as much as I can about EFI, maybe start using it myself on my truck... I will mostly be lurking around the site.

-Nemo

Welcome my friend!

I'm sure you'll find this site VERY friendly and informative....A really good bunch of guys here....

VERY different from those other tuning sites.:angel_innocent:

Chuck CoW

ScarabEpic22
November 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Ok, so the V2s is the way to go than. lol thank you for leavin' a differance between the V1 and V2s...

-Nemo

No problem, if you look on the main EFILive.com website (not the forum) theres a good description of each one. I would highly recommend spending the extra $$ up front for a V2, but thats my personal opinion as I cant wait for BBF (standalone flashing).