PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS idea.

JOHNBOY
November 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I have an 02 LB7 with a rather wild build. Lowered compression, large single turbo, and very large injectors. The trouble I am haveing getting my fueling and timing to all be happy and my turbo to spool well. Some days it spools just fine and I have no issues. Cooler days. But on warmer humid days it can be really touchy. I have used my MAF tables to limit fuel which in turn limits timing.

What I would really like would be a custom OS where timing axises of reference would be RPM and boost. With a diesel you need low timing to help spool up and ramp in the timing as boost goes up. This would really help those of us try to run very large turbos. Kinda of like speed density for diesels.

I would bet that you fellows have plenty to do but figured what the heck I would ask.:fluffy:

GMPX
November 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I would bet that you fellows have plenty to do but figured what the heck I would ask.:fluffy:

I 'wish' I could just write custom OS mods all day, reality is it's more like 3 - 4 days a month I actually get to :doh:. It would be something that could be done I guess, but given this is the only request for such a table it probably won't happen.....unless I can work on custom OS's full time by some miracle.
To add such a thing in to all the Duramax OS's would be at least 1 week full time (to put it in to perspective).

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
November 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I might be retarded, but I'd swear I saw a table that had options to the effect of MAF or MAP for airflow measurement or something, but I can't for the life of me find it...

JOHNBOY
November 18th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I 'wish' I could just write custom OS mods all day, reality is it's more like 3 - 4 days a month I actually get to :doh:. It would be something that could be done I guess, but given this is the only request for such a table it probably won't happen.....unless I can work on custom OS's full time by some miracle.
To add such a thing in to all the Duramax OS's would be at least 1 week full time (to put it in to perspective).

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks for the quick answer Ross. I figured it was along shot. But until you ask you never know. I have some ideas up my sleave to try and get the MAF to be more helpful to me.

I might be retarded, but I'd swear I saw a table that had options to the effect of MAF or MAP for airflow measurement or something, but I can't for the life of me find it...
Your not retarded. I beleive you are talking about B0901.

nevinsb
November 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Is it possible for end users to edit the OS? I'm guessing some special software is required.

GMPX
November 19th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Sure, once you know Motorola 68000 assembler you can modify it. There is no provision in our software to modify it as such.

Cheers,
Ross