PDA

View Full Version : B0941-dead

killerbee
November 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
If I interpret it correctly, it should adjust timing based on MAP. For example, if the value in this table is -4.0, the 4 degrees of timing will be removed from base timing, B0949 in this case. If this is correct, then it appears B0941 is another peripheral non-working table.

GMPX
November 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
If I interpret it correctly, it should adjust timing based on MAP. For example, if the value in this table is -4.0, the 4 degrees of timing will be removed from base timing, B0949 in this case. If this is correct, then it appears B0941 is another peripheral non-working table.
I seem to recall going over this before and coming to no firm conclusion. The table seemed to get processed with all other compensation tables, so as to why it does nothing I am not sure.
Unfortunately on the Duramax it's too hard (actually not possible) to log each compensation value like we can on the petrol ECM's, that is just how the code has been written. If we could then that would show for sure if the values are being used.

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
November 17th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Perhaps we did and I don't remember, a sad fact for me. I know we fixed some other "similar" tables, IAT BOOST, etc.

Too bad really, as more timing can be used while the compressor is spooling...boost increase accelerates ignition and reduces delay. If it worked, spoolup time could, in theory, be reduced.