PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my setup.

nitrorocket
September 9th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Here is a pic of the twin turbo setup I built for those interested. It is not the best pic, but you get the picture!

BowlingSS
September 12th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Cool........

Bill
:D

kbracing96
September 12th, 2005, 08:26 AM
When your tuning skills catch up to your fab skills, your going to have one bad ass setup :D . Nice work! :wink:

Brains
September 12th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Looks great, very clean! Is this a strip car, or just no air filters yet? :)

bink
September 12th, 2005, 09:17 AM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What kind of ponies are you shooting for???

Cheers,
joel

Scoota
September 12th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Nitrorocket,
It takes years of experience to become a good tuner, be patient with yourself in your learning curve, combine your skills and the ability to tune and you will produce a great product.

Looks great.

Cheers Scotty.

nitrorocket
September 12th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I just won second place at a show. I lost to a car with no turbos at all, go figure.

I am guessing it can make as much power as I want, probably up to about 1000 rwhp max. It is about a serious a ls1 setup as one can build.

Since I do not race( I only run the strip about twice per year) I will not lean on it very hard. I am going to try about 16-17 psi on pump and see how I like it. That is probably about 750 rwhp. I really don't care what kind of power it makes as long as it puts a smile on my face. I made about 500 rwhp last year with my N/A 427 small block. So 50% more power should be plenty quick. If I can drop 1 second from last year, I will finally have a 9 second car. As long as my tuning goes good!

ace68
September 13th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Where did you get the headers, did you make them? Nice job!

joecar
September 13th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Nitro, you're doing well and you're learning a lot quickly (I noticed that you're answering other people's questions on 2/3bar MAP sensors etc,
cool, way to go mate :2 thumbs up:).

You do very nice welding on stainless (which is difficult to do);
do you got more pics of your Chevelle (engine bay and underneath)...?

Ha ha, you don't really care too much how much power it makes, as long as it gets you into the [low] 9's, and it will put a smile on anyone's face;
when you make that much power, why care about how much power it makes (...sort of like money, it's sufficient enough...).

:D :D :D 8)

Power rules the world,
Cheers
Joe
:chugging beer: :peeling tyres:

Black LS1 T/A
September 13th, 2005, 08:59 AM
AWESOME setup! :mrgreen:

I like! :D

nitrorocket
September 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I built the headers and double slip 4 into 1 merge collectors myself. People must really like them because now I am getting orders! I guess I will be busy building headers for a whileI got my welding skills from being a certified welder before I became a Weld manufacturing Engineer.

I have been tuning and racing N/A motors for many years. Most of my tuning problems from this setup stem from being very unfamiliar with the software itself. There are alot more tables and settings here then I have ever dealt with. And trying to figure out which tables to touch, and what to leave alone has been half the battle. That, and I have never tuned a turbo setup before. I will just take it slow. I am going to load in a better base timing map and I already have a really rich tune for boost. I have a commanded 11.2:1 AFR. Maybe too rich, I don't know what other people have been getting aay with. I will just let the wide band and auto tune make the adjustments a couple psi at a time.

I will get more pics of the setup in the near future. If anyone has questions about specs, feel free to ask.