PDA

View Full Version : Please explain what happens with a TCS patch!

Redline Motorsports
November 19th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Can someone please explain to me what happens when you use the TCS patch? I am having issues with two ZO6's. Ones a 08 cam car the other is a 09 with twinturbos. Both run pefect and ready to ship and I am getting a Service Traction Control message that can't be real. The 09 has 48 miles on it and the 08 has 1000. There is nothing wrong with these cars.

I am hoping that some lookup table is forcing the error message because of a MAF reading being out of check. Starting to think it also may be a EFI Live issue and need a sanity check.

Anyone got a good answer?

Howard

GMPX
November 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
The TCS patch is used only when MAFless.
What the ECM does when there is a MAF error (i.e, it's in the bin) is flag a warning to other modules on the CAN bus that the estimated torque values are no longer valid, on some vehicles this will cause a Traction / Stability error, some it will cause odd trans operation.
The TCS patch bypasses just the check for the MAF error flagging a problem.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
November 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
What else could cause a TCS error after tuning? What else in the tune parameters ties back into the TCS?

Howard

GMPX
November 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Maxing out torque tables will also do such things.

Redline Motorsports
November 19th, 2008, 07:09 PM
The 2009 set all the TM settings back to stock and it still does it......

Highlander
November 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
was this after dyno tuning????

You will have to do a COUPLE of DTC clears and run it on the road for a while... after a full flash it also gives those errors but they go with subsequent flashes or clearing of the DTCs.

Redline Motorsports
November 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
was this after dyno tuning????

You will have to do a COUPLE of DTC clears and run it on the road for a while... after a full flash it also gives those errors but they go with subsequent flashes or clearing of the DTCs.

Yes but even some road time didn't clear it. This has been a a few lately...

I am going to use my TECH2 next time and get into the traction control module. I have tuned a large amount of ZO6's and this has only been an issue on 08-09's.