PDA

View Full Version : LS2 E40 boosted cut out problem

CarbConn
November 23rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
Hi guys, we have a '05 Corvette 6 spd. After Procharger/ full exhaust install the car would occaisionally exhibit a complete cut and go into limp around 4-5000 rpm under heavy load, traction on or off. Cannot replicate on dyno. When it does it the dash displays "traction error" with no dtc's.

The big problem is the customer has the issue while I cannot easily replicate it. He says it acts as if the rev limiter was lowered to 5K.

MAF patch is enabled with full reflash. Torque limits are maxed. Data log showed a complete timing pull into negatives.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Alex

Redline Motorsports
November 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Many of the 05's have a issue with the ETC limits that may be causing this. I don't think we have control over the ones that are needed but get ahold of Ross and see if can deal with this. This is just speculation at this point but sounds like what it is.

Anytime you get a REP its usually because a limit has been exceeded and the PCM things the ETC is out of control and defaults the car into a safe mode.

If you want to send me the file I could look at it just to see if any of the regular stuff needs to be hit. What OS does it happen to be?

Howard

CarbConn
November 25th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Howard, OS is 7.4 V2. ecu is E40. We have bosted numerous C5 Vettes that hit Reduced Engine Power and found the culprit. This one must be something 'behind the scene'.
Did you get the file I sent?
Alex

1SlowHoe
November 25th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Alex,
The OS should be an eight digit number such as :12216125
Open the tune and look at "Calibration Identifiers"

Redline Motorsports
November 25th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Howard, OS is 7.4 V2. ecu is E40. We have bosted numerous C5 Vettes that hit Reduced Engine Power and found the culprit. This one must be something 'behind the scene'.
Did you get the file I sent?
Alex

Yes. I sent you a new file this morning.

CarbConn
November 25th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Sorry, OS is 12598983