PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!!! Flashing problems!!

CoryF
November 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Okay so I was switching to a OS3 which requires a full flash, I read all the warnings about doing a full flash and plugged my laptop in and put a charger on the car. Something happened durring the flash and EFILive told me not to turn off the ignition so I didn't and then I did another full flash like it said this time my VIN came up as all zeros and EFILive said it needed to assign the PCM a new serial number or something like that... I'm not really sure what happened but it did its thing and everything worked fine car still starts and runs, but I went out to get a late lunch (in my car) then when I got home I wanted to change a few things back in the tune. So I made the changes in the tune and went to reflash and ran into some problems... :( Below is a screen shot of the errors I get. Flashscan is now saying that this PCM is not registered in the V1, and that I have to buy another license... Like I said before it flashed fine about 2 hours ago and now when I connect its saying that my PCM is not licensed... Anyone got any ideas what the hell is going on!! :help:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/2001CamaroSS2070/ScreenShot.jpg

-CoryF

CoryF
November 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
OMG reading through other posts I see that the New 7.5.5 update fixed this stupid bug!!

If a full flash fails and is recovered using EFILive, it can cause the controller’s serial number to be reset. EFILive will now automatically restart the recovery process and re-acquire the serial number from the controller.

Now I wish I would have kept up with updates!!! Well I am still having the same problems but as soon as I get this figured out I'm switching to the newest version!!! UGHHHH!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

-CoryF

joecar
November 23rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
I pm'd Tech Support.

CoryF
November 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Thank you Joe! I'm tellin you what this car has been NOTHING but problems since the cam swap. lol

Off topic: Joe I was able to get tags for the car so now my plates are good till 2010 so I don't have to worry about emissions for a long time but the car still isn't running right. I'm hoping to get the wideband back tomorrow that way I can keep messin with stuff tryin to pinpoint the problem with the lean problem.
-CoryF

Blacky
November 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Like I said before it flashed fine about 2 hours ago and now when I connect its saying that my PCM is not licensed... Anyone got any ideas what the hell is going on!! :help:
-CoryF

Sometimes the PCM's serial number and VIN get reset to '0'. A dealer reflash can do it and using a very old version of EFILive can do it as well. EFILive will generate a new serial number whenever it finds the serial number has been erased. That means you need to re-license the PCM.

Obviously you don't have to pay for the new license, we will send you a replacement license. Please send your FlashScan serial number and auth code as per this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5790 to me at paul@efilive.com.

In the email, include a link to this thread so that I can correlate your email with this thread.

Regards
Paul

CoryF
November 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Blacky,
You are awesome! Thank you so much for the fast response!!!! The info you asked for is coming across in an email now. :D

Thank you for a super fast response!!!

-CoryF

Blacky
November 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Replacement license sent.
Regards
Paul