PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Duramax Upgrades

robb@brewerhvac.com
November 25th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I just purchased a 2008 GMD 3500 Dually. Does anyone have any info regarding the pros and cons regarding the smog systems the new trucks have on them and if so what is out there regarding engine software upgrades. It does have an aftermarket exhaust and Sunforce Allison transmission installed including an AFE air cleaner. I see EDge does have a box out for it. I was looking at the EFI live software. Thanks in advance

minytrker
November 25th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I have tuned a few 08's already and have one in the shop now. We have been removing all the stock exhaust and replacing it all after market getting rid of the filter and cat. With that and tuning with efi the trucks wake up alot and are seeing a 3-5mpg increase. EFI can do pretty much anything you need on your truck.

8100 Power
November 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM
If your not really THAT concerned about your warranty. You could remove the DPF filter with an aftermarket exhaust and it would wake it up alone, then you will need to tune it with EFI live to disable the "trouble codes". And as always, if worst comes to worse and something does break ( not anything tuning wise ofcouse) you can put back on your stock DPF Filter and take it in for warranty.

axelhead
February 13th, 2011, 03:58 PM
sorry for bringing up an old thread but have a question....

Remember the old days when we'd pull the cat off, punch a big hole and empty it then put it back on to pass the "visual" part of the inspection? I havent taken mine off yet to have a look but can this be done on a dpf ? I live where I need yearly inspects so removing cat and dpf is difficult. Not concerned with warranty , just gov'ment ispects.