PDA

View Full Version : Can't Update Keep Getting Bad Secret Token Error??

JR-CRUZN-C5
November 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
WTF - This is getting rediculous. I turned on my computer and it tried to update but I got "ERROR BAD SECRET TOKEN!" clicked on OK and download screen went away.

I have V7.5.5 / 72 and V8.1.2 / 42 with Boot Block V2.06.02 & Firmware V2.06.04

Rebooted the computer went to the tools update screen and tried again and got the same error message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT GIVES????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

JR

Tordne
November 25th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Can you please send a screenshot of the error to support@efilive.com?

Ira
November 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I had this error and I forget the solution, but I'd think it involved uninstalling EFILive, downloading the newest version again and trying with that. That error should have been fixed a while back so it sounds like you might have in installation error.

Ira

macca_779
November 25th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I think this could be an internet connectivity issue. I was using my Netbook today while driving home from Darwin. I was connected to the net with my Telstra Next G connection. EFI LIVE detected the update but gave the secret token error upon me launching the update. I'm home now and using my ADSL connection via my wifi network its working fine. I can't explain why but I know I always have port issues when using my Next G connection as uTorrent wont receive incoming connections..

JR-CRUZN-C5
November 26th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Guys -

I ununstalled everything but drivers. Re downloaded 72 & 42 and got the "update prompt. UPDATES DOWNLOADED OK. (:hihi:)

Question -

I have: Options Config. Settings 6/7/2008 6:26:28 AM
in my V2 SHOULD THIS BE DELETED??? It does not have an updated counterpart in the new config "stuff"

JR