PDA

View Full Version : E38 Speed density issues 2 bar

Highlander
November 26th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Hello Guys,

I have been having a few issues with a 2 bar Speed Density tune I have been doing to a customer:

First: The G/Cyl Scaler doesn't actually scale anything in order not to hit the 1.2g/s So that is a bit of an issue... g/Cyl hit about 1.4+ on the scantool.

Second... @ WOT I am seeing an oscillation of the final timing... That is.. I will see dips in the timing for NO apparent reason.

I can be at 16º total advance and it will randomly drop to 10-12º and back up. The dips increase as RPMs increase... Any ideas why is this? THoughts?

Thanks

Chris

GMPX
November 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Chris,

The G/Cyl Scaler doesn't appear to do anything on some vehicles, I'm not sure why that is.
With the spark, try logging the individual spark values, it might be something like burst knock false triggering, early LS1's always did that MAFless.

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
November 26th, 2008, 04:36 PM
which individual spark values?? retard/cylinder?

GMPX
November 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
No, I am sure (without checking) there is ones for torque reduction spark and burst knock.

Cheers,
Ross

ringram
November 27th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Deffo look into burst knock especially if you have not done so already. On the old LSx controller you had to adjust the values because you could guarantee to trigger the delta airmass trigger which would pull timing especially under boost.

Highlander
November 28th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Will do that as soon as I have a break. One thing though... Do you guys know which operating system works with the g/cyl scaler?

Thanks