PDA

View Full Version : Why is Short Term Idle Correction Not Working?

Dale
November 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Its been a while since I posted. I havent been driving the car alot and been working alot. But my last post was about my VE being way off between air temps.

Well now that its cold, my car wont idle most of the time, mainly when colder air/eng temps. Ive noticed when it wont idle, my short term idle correction is not working??

Any reasons why this is not working? I noticed the B4501/idle learn is set to 80/112.. which is mainly engine operating temp. Do I need to lower this to make it idle? But if so, why will it sometimes work and idle, but others it wont even if temps are similar?

The car is mainly a fair weather car, but I need to know that if something happens to my other car, I can drive this one w/o it stalling as backup.

joecar
November 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Dale, post some logs showing various pids.

Dale
November 28th, 2008, 07:31 AM
what pids do you want? Right now, all I have is ones attempting to do a refraig. Will them work?

joecar
November 28th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yes.

Dale
December 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM
ok, sorry about delay. Currently remodeling house as well as tinkering with car.

2 logs, taken minutes apart. Hopefully I will be posting the tune that was in the car at the time.

350, tpi, running 02 van tune.