PDA

View Full Version : MAF tuning

joecar
November 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
When you get done doing Auto VE. I know you should tune the MAF if you want to go closed loop. My question is going from Auto VE what do they mean when they say go to closed loop. Do I change everything back to normal minus ltft/stft. What all do I have to change going from Auto VE to being able to do logs for the MAF tuning. Sorry for the newb question. Thanks for any help in advance.

v/r
Sorry, I somehow deleted your thread, I do apologized, my bad :bangin:...I was able to recover the text of it from my browser history.

joecar
November 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Hi esco,

You have the following two mutually exclusive modes:
- SD (MAF-less) or MAF,
- OL or CL.

This means you can have 4 combinations:
- OLSD
- OLMAF
- CLSD
- CLMAF

Going to CL has nothing to do with MAF; to goto CL, set B3801 (long term trim enable) and B4205 (CL temp enable) back to stock...

BUT, if you're going to tune the MAF, stay in OL, enable the MAF (unfail it), and set B0120 to zero... don't tune the MAF in CL.

When you're done and satisfied with AutoVE/AutoMAF (whichever of the 4 cominations), then you can restore these back to stock:
- COTP,
- DFCO,
- LO spark table,
- MAF freq fail limit,
- MAF MIL.

I would set B3605/B3647/B3618 to be suitably rich under load (perhaps do this prior to starting AutoVE).

Cheers
Joe
:)

esco35m
November 30th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Joe,

When you say enable MAF do you mean P0101-P0103 set to MIL. Also what does COTP stand for. Thank you for your help and support on this forum.

v/r

joecar
November 30th, 2008, 09:28 AM
COTP = catalytic over temperature protection

To enable MAF: set C2901-C2903 back to stock and make sure MAF is plugged in.

Setting P0101-P0103 back to MIL is good also (visual indication of any MAF problems).

esco35m
November 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hey Joe,

I did some runs and got as many freq as possible. Everything turned out good so far. Im going to call it a night and double check everything later on this week. Just wanted to give you an up date and big thanks for all your help.

joecar
December 1st, 2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks, you're welcome. :cheers: