PDA

View Full Version : Went to the track today and have a log file

exploder
November 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I took the car out today to the strip and made a couple of passes. I am still trying a few things, but I am for the most part getting it down. I would just like someone to look at my log and maybe give me a few suggestions. I noticed on one of my logs that one of the shifts took too long to happen and caused a lean spike. I have since dropped the shift rpm by 100rpm in that area. I also noticed that I am running extremely lean. I run meth injection as well, but I obviously need to add some more fuel. I didn't get any detonation thank goodness. I drove the car to the track an hour away and drove it home. Here is the breakdown of the times and also a log and a tune file....I am open to any suggestions. Oh and I hit the 1514 code once today as well and it will be in the second log file.

60ft: 1.583
1/8th: 6.421
mph: 114.68
1/4: 9.866
mph: 142.75

You will see in the log file I let out of the throttle a little past the 1/8th...I will add video later when my buddy gets it to me, but if you want to know what it looks like going down the track you can look for one of the other posts I made a few weeks ago.

exploder
November 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knew how I could monitor boost while I am logging? I have a 2 bar gm map sensor hooked up. Do I need to add a PID for this or can I convert the numbers from kpa to psi? When I tried converting them it showed I was running something like 26 psi and I know my gauge only shows I run about 15-16 max. What am I missing here?

exploder
November 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Here is the vid linky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uvmNcG4N9s

5.7ute
November 30th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knew how I could monitor boost while I am logging? I have a 2 bar gm map sensor hooked up. Do I need to add a PID for this or can I convert the numbers from kpa to psi? When I tried converting them it showed I was running something like 26 psi and I know my gauge only shows I run about 15-16 max. What am I missing here?

There is a calculated pid for boost or vaccuum you can add to the list which will allow you to see boost on those logs. I am not sure who wrote this pid but it has ended up in my calc.pids txt file somewhere along the line. Thanks whoever you are :cheers:.
Complete pid file attached below.

exploder
December 1st, 2008, 02:39 AM
thanks...I am going to look into these

exploder
December 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
How exactly do I convert this txt file to use it as a PID? I saved the file but I don't know how to open it up in the scanner to use it.

joecar
December 3rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Goto the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

if you want to retain the original calc_pids.txt, rename it to something like calc_pids_old.txt (it doesn't contain any pids, so it doesn't matter).

Then copy the new calc_pids.txt file from post #4 to this same folder.

Now when you start the scantool, the new pids appear under the PIDs tab where you can select them for logging.

5.7ute
December 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
One thing to note exploder is this pid is only as accurate as the info you give it. In the txt the equation is
CLC-00-008
psi 0.0 15.0 .2 "(({SAE.MAP.kPa})-101.3)/101.3*14.7"
The red amount should be your actual Barometric pressure. So if with key on engine off your map pressure is only 98 kpa you should change the equation to
CLC-00-008
psi 0.0 15.0 .2 "(({SAE.MAP.kPa})-98)/101.3*14.7"

exploder
December 5th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Sweet thanks for the heads up...I would have never figured that out.

exploder
December 5th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ok I must be a total tard here...I saved the new file and a copy of the old ones where you guys said and then went out and tried to find the PID in the scanner and a I can't figure out which one it is I need exactly to log boost.

5.7ute
December 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Ok I must be a total tard here...I saved the new file and a copy of the old ones where you guys said and then went out and tried to find the PID in the scanner and a I can't figure out which one it is I need exactly to log boost.

In the calculated pid section it is called boost & vaccuum . CALC.BOOSTNVAC
You also need to log the SAE.MAP pid for it to work.
The best thing about calculated pids is you can add them to an old log file to view as long as that log file has the necessary pids logged. In this case any log with the SAE.MAP pid can have the boostnvac pid added.:grin:

joecar
December 5th, 2008, 02:49 PM
In the scantool under the PIDs tab...

on the PIDs tab page, you can click on any of the column headings to sort on that column (click again to reverse the sort order).

exploder
December 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM
WTF am I missing here. I went back and I still don't have it available...saved the pid.txt to desktop...opened mydocs/efi/v7.5/user config/saved the old and a new file....( I am looking at them saved in the box)

Opened the scanner/ went to PID's / looked for BOOSTnVAC and every iteration thereoff in the Parameters and the Descriptions and I still don't see it????? I think I seriously suck at life.

joecar
December 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM
The file calc_pids.txt has to go in My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration.

Also, under the PIDs tab, uncheck "Supported", then click once on the heading "Caption" to sort by the Caption column.

exploder
December 6th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Here is a screenshot of how I have both of the files saved.....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/qualitytireandperformance/screenshotefilive.jpg

Now I open the PID tabs and selected the actual boost pressure PID and get the red x...It said that I needed to select another PID GM.BOOST_DMA, but that PID is under the Diesel System Tab. What else am I missing now?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/qualitytireandperformance/PIDScreenshot.jpg

joecar
December 6th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Close the scantool.

Save this calc_pids.txt file to My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration.

Reopen the scantool.

Then under PIDs tab, click o the column "Parameter", and then select:
CALC.BOOST
GM.BARO
SAE.MAP

When done selecting, the CALC.BOOST pid should show valid (no red X thru it).

On CALC.BOOST, do rightclick->Imperial (to use psi as default).

On the chart, find an empty place (to the left or right of a chart), and do rightclick->Imperial Pids->CALC.BOOST.

9secVette
December 9th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Keep in mind when you are tuning with meth that the stoich is much lower than regular fuel, so if you are using a dual nozzle and pumping a lot in there, you will want to see AFR's lower then the norm.

It will depend on how much you are using percentage wise, but I have ran the best times between 10.5-11:1 with my dual nozzle alky.

Hope that helps, nice times from that ECS Paxton set up. ;)

joecar
December 9th, 2008, 05:32 AM
That's why it's best to use EQ units instead of AFR...

then when methanol is injected, you divide the appropriate AFR into the EQ value (you can have a second concurrent calc pid to do this for you);

I think (as an engineer) it is better if we all thought in terms of EQ... :jump:

$0.02

aaronr
December 27th, 2008, 02:17 AM
One thing to note exploder is this pid is only as accurate as the info you give it. In the txt the equation is
CLC-00-008
psi 0.0 15.0 .2 "(({SAE.MAP.kPa})-101.3)/101.3*14.7"
The red amount should be your actual Barometric pressure. So if with key on engine off your map pressure is only 98 kpa you should change the equation to
CLC-00-008
psi 0.0 15.0 .2 "(({SAE.MAP.kPa})-98)/101.3*14.7"

What does the 101.3 mean and the 14.7 is afr??

5.7ute
December 28th, 2008, 10:50 AM
101.3 is the kpa at sea level & 14.7 is the conversion to PSI.