PDA

View Full Version : Tuning a trans

sheamus
December 7th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Iam new to tuning ...i was looking up post on tuning trans and iam getting confused... can some one help me with my tune file...My mods are Headers, true duals, 4l60e w/ 3600 vig Tc and a Moser 9 inch w/ 3.70's ..thanks

joecar
December 7th, 2008, 10:07 AM
What rpm do you want to shift at...?

sheamus
December 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks joe..iam still new to this scene...What would be good for a street car? I DD the car and Drag race it

joecar
December 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
What valvetrain does your motor have...?

If it has the stock valve springs, rockers, pushrods, lifters, than most people would recommends the stock WOT 6000 RPM.

If you have valvetrain components, then you could shift higher, 6500 maybe.

Is your 4L60E stock...?
How many miles on it...?
How does each upshift feel (at part throttle and at WOT)...?

Do this:
- set the Shift Times tables to 0.2 or 0.3 flat across;
- increase the Shift Pressure tables (aim for 90-96 psi at the upper end of your torque range, and make a straight sloped line from zero to the upper end);
- reduce the Torque reduction tables to half (and go test drive for feel; fine tune this to suit how you want it to feel -> firm positive shift [without being harsh] is good);

Also do this:
- reduce the WOT upshift MPH settings by 10-15 MPH (allows the WOT RPM to rule),
- make each of the WOT downshift MPH settings about 10 MPH less than their corresponding WOT upshift MPH.

If you don't get any tranmission DTC's then you should be good.

Post some logs.

sheamus
December 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah stock 4l60e and stock valvetrain

46000 miles

Feels loose

sheamus
December 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM
thank you sir..ill post logs when i get a chance

joecar
December 7th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Here's your file with pressures/times/TR edited for more feel.

sheamus
December 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM
heres a log...I Tried to get some wot runs in...on some side streets due to traffic... a dtc code came up on the last run...p0113 high voltage thru the ait sensor...then it felt the car went on limp mode with the trans

sheamus
December 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Heres a new log file

joecar
December 15th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I'm out of town till Wednesday, I'll look at it then.

joecar
December 17th, 2008, 05:16 AM
P0113: check the IAT sensor wiring, it may have broken near the sensor.

While monitoring the IAT pid using the EFILive scantool, blow cold compressed air over the IAT sensor and see if the pid shows a lower reading.

Trans limp mode (max pressure, hard shifts): Look for P0113 in table E0101-E0103, and turn it off... but first make sure that the IAT pid shows the correct temperature (if not, then ffix that -> wiring and/or sensor).

Log file 0003:
- was outside air temperature really in the 50F range...?
- in closed loop, looks to be a little lean, the LTFT's are adding about 4-9% to run stoichometrically (using NBO2 CL feedback); this means that either of the MAF (steady state) and/or VE (transient conditions) need to be "corrected" to give the correct airmass values -> AutoVE/AutoMAF using a wideband... or you could manipulate the IFR table for the time being (altho this requires more work -> trial/error).
- not much throttle on that log, were you on a dyno...? Need some WOT logs as well to see what upper range is doing, want to see wideband AFR.