PDA

View Full Version : No ports displayed in the device manager

Trippin
December 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm trying to set up a second laptop for Roadrunner. I entered the license info in the register page. Loaded up the drivers. Device mangaer shows the usb serial converter, but no "port tree" is listed, and RR will not connect. I have tried setting it to Native and Virtual and neither works.

If I plug some other usb device in, a "port tree" appears. But RR is not listed. Why does the RR by itself not activate the "port tree"?

Seems like a driver issue of some sort. Like something isn't loaded.

Tordne
December 8th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I recall having an issue once where I think I loaded the FlashScan Drivers before the RoadRunner. Because both use the FTDI chip RoadRunner just used the already installed FlashScan driver and did what you are seeing (from memory).

So, you could try removing the EFILive and RoadRunner drivers using the FTClean utility, and then install the RR drivers first and see if that makes a difference.

I know Paul said in a post recently that he just uses the EFILive drivers and can then configure as a Native USB device but I've not managed to do this (haven't tried for a while admittedly). He has a *very early* unit and may be a little different :)

Trippin
December 9th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I followed Pauls answer in this thread and it seemed to work. With the exception that my device name is "FT232R USB UART".

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9514

Guy

Tordne
December 9th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Cool! The FT... is the actual chip reference. The R at the end is for the RoHS part that came out a couple of years back (Reduction of Hazardous Substances).