PDA

View Full Version : EFILive Explorer (Not Responding)

Naf
December 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Ok, i tried and tried, but so far this V2 is givin me a headache.

i installed the new 8.1 did everything properly. I upgraded the firmware on the V2 and now i have to use the EFILive Explorer, but everytime i connect my V2 the software stops respondin. and the EFILive Flashscan and autocal Hardware API (HAPI) has stopped working.

I tried pressin the control button but its all the same...

Please i need help on this. I have the 2.05 firmware installed so i cant use the original updater from EFILive 7.5XXX

HELP!!!!

joecar
December 9th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
December 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Have you read through this thread?
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8834

Regards
Paul

Naf
December 9th, 2008, 04:49 PM
whats the address for me to return it to?

Additionally if the firmware is bad then why do you still have it as part of your downloads?

Blacky
December 9th, 2008, 06:59 PM
whats the address for me to return it to?

Before you return the unit, have you tried the recovery options listed in the thread I linked to?

Specifically, what bootblock version and what firmware version do you have in your FlashScan device? Can you find out or is the unit dead enough that it won't even tell you the bootblock or firmware version numbers?

Additionally if the firmware is bad then why do you still have it as part of your downloads?

If you are referring to bootblock V2.05.06, then that bootblock is no longer available for download. It has not been available since the day it was discovered to be faulty.

When upgrading the bootblock from V2.04.xx to V2.05.xx, there are two versions of firmware that update to two different versions of the bootblock.

- V2.04.71 will update to V2.05.04
- V2.04.72 will update to V2.05.08

The correct way to upgrade is to first upgrade to V2.04.72 so that when you do the bootblock upgrade it goes directly to V2.05.08.

However, some customers perform the bootblock upgrade from V2.04.71 (or V2.04.70) without first upgrading to V2.04.72. That will cause the bootblock to upgrade to V2.05.04. If you have done that, you can easily recover to the correct V2.05.08 bootblock by flashing in the V2.05.14 firmware, then upgrading the bootblock to V2.05.08.

Regards
Paul

Naf
December 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
i cant access it at all.

i skipped the 2.04.72 option...

Again whats the mailin address so i may send it in for repairs?

It still works as a scanner but flashin is a little probelm...

Blacky
December 10th, 2008, 06:54 AM
When you say you skipped the V2.04.72 option do you mean you did not upgrade it to V2.05.xx? (actually now the bootblock/firmware version is up to V2.06.xx).

Or do you mean you have bootblock V2.05.04?

You can display FlashScan's bootblock and firmware version on FlashScan's LCD screen.

If you can still scan with it then there is nothing physically wrong with it. You just need to spend some time getting the bootblock, firmware and software updated and configured correctly. I am happy to work with you to do that.

Before returning anything to EFILive, please read this page on our web site: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=84
Specifically: If you do return your V2 and there is nothing wrong with it, then there is a $50 service fee.

Send me an email to paul@efilive.com and I will explain the shipping procedures.

Regards
Paul

Naf
December 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Skipped means i never upgraded to 2.04.72 and went straight for 2.05.xx

I tried to upgrade/downgrade but it wouldnt accept it either way...

Paul my email address is nafskie@gmail.com please help me get this workin correctly...

Blacky
December 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Before I can help you, I really need to know what version of boot block and firmware is in your V2.
You can view that using the FlashScan keypad options: F4 Options -> F3 Licensing -> F1 License details. The Fx keys may be slightly different if you are not running the latest firmware version. But the Options/Licensing menu descriptions should guide you to the correct screen.
Once you get to the license screen, use the down arrow to scroll down to the version numbers.
Send those version numbers to me please.

Regards
Paul

Naf
December 13th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Paul,

i found out i had 2.04.72 firmware with bootblock VER: 2.04.10...

I tried to update one last time, and it took it...Now i am firmware 2.06.05 and bootblock 2.06.02.

My only problem is i cannot select my PIDs..It keeps tellin me my options.txt is not found, but its on the SD chip...

Your thoughts?

Blacky
December 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Make sure you have copied the Options.txt file (not the Options.ini file as it used to be called) to the [Config] tab page using the EFILive Explorer program.
And alos copy over any *.pmm files that match the controller types you may want to log using stand alone logging.

Regards
Paul

joecar
December 13th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Naf,

What car do you have...?

In EE, be sure to browse to the new V8/Config folder which contains the new Options.txt file (not the old Options.ini).

Joe

Naf
December 13th, 2008, 09:03 PM
i did the options.txt, but today i cannot seem to find the file see attached

joecar
December 14th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Naf,

That is the old V8 Config folder...

The new one is here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config

If you have an LS1B (99-02 F-body, 99-03 Y-body) then you can use the attached file.

Naf
December 14th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I actually have a 2005 CTS-v with an LS6. Similar to the 04 Y-body. Am i still selectin the right file?

Thank you for your time

joecar
December 14th, 2008, 07:10 AM
If it's the LS6 and not the LS2, then LS1B_M (manual trans) or LS1B_A (auto trans) are the ones.

I pm'd tech support to be sure.

Blacky
December 14th, 2008, 07:40 AM
i did the options.txt, but today i cannot seem to find the file see attached

In that screen shot, it shows you have copied the Options.txt and *.pmm files into the [Scan] tab page. You must copy them to the [Config] tab page for FlashScan to recognize them.

For LS6, use LS1B_A.pmm for auto and LS1B_M.pmm for manual.

It would also make your life easier if your changed your Windows Explorer settings so that you can see the file extensions. You can do that like this:

Run Windows Explorer. (Shortcut: Windows Key+E).
(On Vista) Press the Alt key to display the menu at the top of the explorer window.
Select Tools->Folder Options.
Select the [View] tab page.
Uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types".
Click [Ok].

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 14th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Naf, That is the old V8 Config folder...

The folder showing in the image is the PID description folder which contains files that you can view using Notepad (just double click on the files in Windows Explorer) to view them.

The new one is here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config

The above is true for Windows XP installations, however on Vista the files are stored in the folder: C:\ProgramData\EFILive\V8\Config
That folder is normally hidden by default so you won't be able to find it using Windows Explorer (unless you change Windows Explorer's settings to show hidden folders). EFILive Explorer should be able to find it, though.

Regards
Paul

Naf
December 14th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Ok, all is good. copied and pasted the files to the SD card.

Thank you guys for ur support..Now i just need to explore the PIDs and see what is recorded and how...

Thank you again

Naf

Blacky
December 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, all is good. copied and pasted the files to the SD card.

Thank you guys for ur support..Now i just need to explore the PIDs and see what is recorded and how...

Thank you again

Naf

No, the Options.txt file and the *.pmm files do not go on the SD card.
The SD card is for log files and (eventually) tune files.

FlashScan has a 1/2 MB section of memory that is called the Config file system which is reserved for configuration files. The only way to copy files to/from the Config file system is to use EFILive Explorer and drag the files from the folder on your PC's hard drive to the [Config] tab page in EFILive explorer.

Regards
Paul