PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LMM/EDGE products?

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Would a piggyback Edge programmer cause problems with a EFi Live during a re-flash. Problems like communication between EFI live and the ECM. I tried to re-flash a 2007 LMM Duramax Diesel for speedo purposes only but I never knew there was a EDGE programmer installed/hidden in center console!!! I got an Error Message-calibration missing and/or damaged. My V2 also asked for another Vin License. Tried it a couple of times but kept getting error messages! Owner later told me, since it was a piggy back system he thought it wouldn't interfere so he didn't tell me.....:confused:

The truck starts and runs fine though...

GTPprix
December 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
It definately could depending on which one it is. Its a scan tool on the bus that wont respond to the normal disable comms request sent out to the other modules before programming.

vortecfcar
December 11th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Both Edge and Banks will cause the problem you described.

Nick

GMPX
December 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for confirming that Nick, I thought it was generally the aftermarket audio gear that hooked in to the data bus that was the cause of such problems.

Cheers,
Ross

Schweinmesser
December 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I had the Banks still hooked up when I had my truck programmed for the 52 gallon Titan. We didn't run into a problem....with that said, I disconnect the Banks whenever I use EFILive to program the truck. I read somewhere that it wasn't recommended to have anything plugged in, i.e. Banks, when programming with EFILive.

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM
If I disconnect the EDGE, it should be OK then? EFI Live should operate fine...I was just hoping I didn't screw up the ECM!!!

GAMEOVER
December 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks a bunch Gentlemen!!!:)

vortecfcar
December 12th, 2008, 06:26 PM
If I disconnect the EDGE, it should be OK then? EFI Live should operate fine...I was just hoping I didn't screw up the ECM!!!

Should be... :)

It's hit and miss on the pre '06 trucks, but on the newer stuff I've run into this issue a handful of times on customers trucks.

Nick

GAMEOVER
December 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I tried flashing the truck with the Edge disconnected and it worked just like it should:good:...

Lesson learned:grin:

joecar
December 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
:cheers:

Trippin
December 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Both Edge and Banks will cause the problem you described.

Nick

I agree.