PDA

View Full Version : LS1 SWAP bogging under anything but light load

lq9chevelle
December 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, I need some help. I have a 2002 Corvette DBW LS1 in a 1956 chevy belair. The engine is all stock except for Mid-length swap headers. Stock GM 5pin MAF, stock DBW vette TB, TAC module and pedal. It has a all mechanical TH400 trans, and has been tuned to delete all trans functions and accompanying sensors. Car throws no codes, idles great, and revs fine in neutral. BUT....when driving the car, i can only apply 1/8th throttle lightly and slowly accelerate through the gears. Anything other than a light load, and the car will bog horribly and slowly accelerate at the same rate as if i was barely pressing on the gas. It has 57psi fuel pressure, charging at 14.5 volts, all sensors are hooked up and operating. I have checked for vacuum leaks, and even replaced the MAF sensor and MAP sensor with new GM sensors (I had some laying around). Anybody have any idea what is happening? Is it entering a reduced power mode and not throwing a code? I am inclined to think it is tune related, as it seems the car bogs as the computer is switching to another load cell, and i can modulate the throttle ever so slightly and switch back and forth from a 'bog" to a "no bog" situation. HELP!!!!!

ChipsByAl
December 12th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Post your tune file and maybe some logs would help. Possibly it is having an issue with traction control getting activated some kind of way.
Al