PDA

View Full Version : 2-Bar MAP p/n 12580698

lplott
September 12th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Can this part replace the OEM LS1 MAP at any time without any other update or should I wait till I install the new OS and do the auto tune?

More a curiosity question than anything else as it is my plan to do it all at once.

Has anyone installed this sensor yet and any words of widsom :?:

Lonnie

nitrorocket
September 12th, 2005, 01:51 PM
To my knowledge, it will not work without rescaling your map sensor settings in the pcm. Wait till you get the rest of your setup.

dc_justin
September 15th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I did this install about 2 weeks ago. There are a number of tables you have to re-scale to get it to work properly, but being able to "see" boost makes VE tuning so much easier IMO. The only somewhat major pitfall I have had that I am still working on is getting the initial cold-start perfect... VE while Cranking to be exact...

dfe1
September 15th, 2005, 12:55 PM
All GM MAP sensors work over a nominal 0 to 5 volt range. The original LS1 calibrations are all set for a 1-bar MAP sensor. If you switch to a 2-bar or 3-bar MAP sensor and don't have the proper table set up, the PCM will be really confused. Since it translates manifold pressure into voltage, it has to know which pressure to associate with each voltage. That's why you need one of the custom operating systems. Otherwise the required voltage/pressure associations are limited to the 1 bar range of the stock MAP sensor.

lplott
September 19th, 2005, 04:58 AM
dfe1,

That is about what I thought. So I think I will wait and install the whole thing at one time and convert to the custom OS.

Thanks all for the inputs.

Was going to run the Idle Transition tune this past weekend, but MURPHY got me and I never touched the car.

Figures. :cry: Maybe after the in-laws leave on 27 Sep... :P

Lonnie