PDA

View Full Version : LBZ/LMM Full Flash & Locking update

GMPX
December 14th, 2008, 03:22 PM
EFILive is pleased to release our latest update which now includes the functionality to perform a full reflash on the 06 LLY, LBZ and LMM Bosch ECM's. Whilst we currently have no custom operating systems for these ECM's this well and truly puts us on the right path.

It is important you do not attempt to reflash an LBZ ECM with an LMM OS and vica versa. The ECM's are different and will result in a no start situation, the ECM's may also become unrecoverable once this is done. Unfortunately EFILive is at the mercy of the ECM as far as the programming process, we have little control on what can and can't be done, it just so happens the ECM will allow you to reflash the ECM with incorrect engine type OS's.

The full reflash process will take approx 10 minutes, this is normal, there is not only the entire 2Mb flash chip but the CPU also contains some flash memory which must also be programmed, it all adds up to just taking a long time! Given that, we would of course recommend that a full reflash only be done if necessary. With the LB7 & LLY we are able to use some compression technology when doing a full reflash, with the Bosch controller this is not possible which tends to make things slower.
As a comparison using GM's online TIS and a Drewtech Mongoose cable the full reflash time is about the same as EFIlive, with a TechII it can be as long as 25mins on these ECM's.
To activate the full flash icon you need to have the V2 plugged in to the USB port before you start the tuning tool.
You may also notice that the reflash process appears to halt at various stages, this is normal, it is just EFILive waiting for the ECM to tell us we can proceed whilst it is busy.

Before you can reflash the LBZ / LMM ECM with any of your existing .tun files, you must first load the file in to the (updated) EFILive V7.5.5 (Build 77) software, then resave the .tun file again. EFILive will automatically alter the file in preperation for a full flash to a ECM, the existing .tun files from previous software versions did not contain enough data in them, by saving the file it will be full flash ready. It will also increase the file size by about 500K.

We also added a locking patch to the Bosch ECM's. Unfortunately again due to the limitations of the ECM we cannot lock these ECM's in a quick 20 second operation like the LB7 / LLY, you will need to perform the locking patch then do a FULL reflash on the ECM.
The lock however will still allow the ECM to be flashed over by any programmer (handheld, TechII etc), but the ECM will not allow itself to be read. To unlock the ECM from this state, simply reflash the controller with an 'unpatched' OS.
To apply / disable the lock you need to have the V2 plugged in to the USB port before you start the tuning tool. Once the file is opened then you can find the section "Operating System Patches" in the Engine Operation section, B9901.

To get these updates please use the 'Check For New Update" option for both V7.5 and V8. It should automatically install the updates for you. You must also ensure you update the V2 firmware to match this release (included in the V8 update), the firmware you need to program in is V2_06_06.

To clear one thing up we get asked a lot about, the reflash history in these ECM's. We are not going to release to anybody the ability to clear the ECM's at this point, we know it can be done and have proven it here, but for now we will just be sitting on this, please don't waste your time sending us PM's and Emails about it, the decision has been made.

Important: Please ensure your updated Tune version shows EFILive Tune v7.5.5 (Build 77). This is the only version that will perform a successful full reflash for these controllers.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Check the New Features.rtf document in this release for further information on what has changed.

efd222
November 20th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Hey, I new to the forum and I have a 2010 Silverado duramax with the autocal and I have a p2610 code and it is always on when the truck is turned on, I had the ecm replaced and flashed but I still get the same code I have also done other tips to try to get it to go off like unplugging the connectors and waiting for a minuet and reconnecting and clearing the code, I'm at a loss with it and was wondering if there is a fix to the code.