PDA

View Full Version : LBZ Full flash update error...

06Dmaxpwr
December 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Alright, since I noticed GMPX just posted info on LBZ/LMM full flashing!!!!:cheers: I just thought I would update the software and give er a shot.

Updated my V7.5 software fine, then tried my 8.1...couple things...

Everything went fine with V7.5 update so I went to do 8.1 like it said. When I go to update it, a screen pulls up saying...1st picture

Then I open up EFI Tune tool and get this error...the second one

What you think guys/gals? :)

DmaxHawk
December 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it figured out!

GMPX
December 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ah, sorry, my fault, I forgot to send Paul the missing file Z88.ext to include in this release, we'll get that sorted ASAP.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
December 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM
so I went to do 8.1 like it said. When I go to update it, a screen pulls up saying...1st picture

When the updates are being applied the original install must be 100% intact. If any of the original installation files have been renamed, modified or deleted, then you may see that message.

Try Downloading the full/base V8.1.2 version (build 42) from the web site and install that, then do the "check for updates" again to bring it up to build 44.

Once the update has completed successfully you should have a new firmware file here:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\FSProgV2_06_06.efw

You should upgrade your FlashScan V2 (if you have one) using that latest firmware file with EFILive Explorer.

Regards
Paul

06Dmaxpwr
December 14th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it figured out!

Thanks man! Looks like they got it though, very quicly too!

Ah, sorry, my fault, I forgot to send Paul the missing file Z88.ext to include in this release, we'll get that sorted ASAP.

Cheers,
Ross

Awesome, thank you, Ross!

When the updates are being applied the original install must be 100% intact. If any of the original installation files have been renamed, modified or deleted, then you may see that message.

Try Downloading the full/base V8.1.2 version (build 42) from the web site and install that, then do the "check for updates" again to bring it up to build 44.

Once the update has completed successfully you should have a new firmware file here:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\FSProgV2_06_06.efw

You should upgrade your FlashScan V2 (if you have one) using that latest firmware file with EFILive Explorer.

Regards
Paul

Paul, I meant to say I was running V8.1.2 (I was just typing in a hurry :doh2:) Anyways, I have the latest firmware and build so should I just uninstall the v8 and then reinstall 42 and update? I figured that reinstalling it might do the trick

Thanks for the VERY Quick response guys, this truly is good customer support!:cheers:

06Dmaxpwr
December 15th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Dont mean to be a PITA but...

Tried doing updates today and it went through fine. Opened up tune tool and now I get the same message that I got from the v8 update but now on completion of updating v7.5.

Thanks,

Andy

Blacky
December 15th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Dont mean to be a PITA but...

Tried doing updates today and it went through fine. Opened up tune tool and now I get the same message that I got from the v8 update but now on completion of updating v7.5.

Thanks,

Andy

That message is being displayed by Vista's UAC (User account control), not by EFILive or by the QSetup installation program. It appears that Vista will display that message when it "thinks" the software installation did not complete successfully.

Information about what criteria Vista's UAC uses to determine if the software was installed correctly, is hard to find. What I think may be happening is that because on a couple of these updates, I did not increase the version number of one or more executable files, that Vista thinks that they were not updated during the install.

We have UAC turned off here at EFILive and so we would never see that message. We need to test installations with the UAC turned on in future so that we can warn customers (ahead of time) that the message may appear.

The best option is to select the "This programmed installed correctly" option and run the software and make sure the new features are available.

In this specific case, make sure the following versions are installed:
EFILive_Tune.exe V7.5.5 (Build 77) (via Help->About)
EFILive_Scan.exe V7.5.5 (Build 77) (via Help->About)
EFILive_Explorer V8.1.2 (Build 44) (via the [About] button on the [Firmware] tab page).

For more information do a Google search for "this program might not have installed correctly" (include the quotes).

Regards
Paul

06Dmaxpwr
December 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Alright Paul, everything checks out ok
Thank you very much for explaining that!

Andy S.

GMPX
December 15th, 2008, 09:21 AM
The funny thing is, I turned off the UAC in Vista because it is annoying, now, every time I boot I get a message to say the UAC is off!! Didn't achieve much really :wallbash:

Cheers,
Ross

Cougar281
December 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM
The funny thing is, I turned off the UAC in Vista because it is annoying, now, every time I boot I get a message to say the UAC is off!! Didn't achieve much really :wallbash:

Cheers,
Ross

I disabled all the "Security Alerts"... UAC was the first thing I killed in Vista.

DmaxHawk
December 15th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Alright, I updated both V8 and V7 versions, now when I try connecting the V2 to update the firmware, it gives me this..Any help please?:help2:

Thanks

Blacky
December 15th, 2008, 03:13 PM
When the software is restarted (and working), can you please check the following version numbers:

EFILive Explorer: Goto the [Firmware] tab page and click on the [About] button.
EFILive_Hapi: Click on the EFILive/FlashScan icon in the system tray (near the clock). Then select the "About" tree view item.

The version and build numbers, should be:
EFILive_Explorer: 8.1.2 build 44
EFILive_Hapi: 8.1.2 build 44

Regards
Paul

DmaxHawk
December 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Both are build 44

Thanks

Blacky
December 15th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Both are build 44

Thanks

Right now I don't know what the problem could be.
Some things that I would check are...

Check the FlashScan boot block is V2.06.02 and the firmware is V2.06.06. Although I guess it is not because you were trying to upgrade the firmware when it failed. What is the current boot block and firmware version of your FlashScan? You can get that info using FlashScan's keypad: F4->F3->F1, then scroll down using the down arrow key.

You could try downloading the base installation from our web site and reinstalling, then doing the check for updates again.

Also try this:
1. Unplug FlashScan.
2. Start EFILive_Explorer.
3. Open up EFILivE_Hapi when it starts up.
4. Turn on tracing: Goto Trace->Settings and check both boxes.
5. Apply changes.
6. Select the Trace window.
7. Move the EFILive_Hapi window to the corner of the screen so it won't be obscured by any error messages that pop up.
8. Connect FlashScan.
9. Click [Refresh] on the [Firmware] tab page in EFILive Explorer.
10. Save the trace in EFILive_Hapi (send the resulting *.rtf file to me at paul@efilive.com).

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
December 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM
UAC is super annoying, first thing I turned off in Vista. And Microsoft figured out how much people hate it, looking towards Windows 7 supposedly UAC is going to be way less in-your-face.