PDA

View Full Version : need some help here

chevpower
December 17th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I have been tunning for a few years now and have ran into something and I'm not sure what is going on. I am using the OS5 and was doing some speedo fine tunning. When i flashed the PCM the fuel pump relay is pulsing and the pcm will not responde. I have a spare PCM so i install it and as soon as i flash my tune into it the same thing happend. I now have two dead pcm and do not want to throw another at it untill i can some how figure out whats going on.

Any input would be great

Thanks
Greg

joecar
December 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Greg,

Did you do a full flash or a cal only flash when this happened...?

Which EFILive software build...?

Was this with FlashScan V1 (LEDs only) or V2 (LEDs and LCD)...?

What PCM and from what vehicle...?

Can you post the file that you were attempting to flash.
Can you post the file previous to the changes you made.

Had you been able to flash these two PCM's previously before this happened...?

I pm'd tech support.

chevpower
December 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Greg,

Did you do a full flash or a cal only flash when this happened...?

Which EFILive software build...?

Was this with FlashScan V1 (LEDs only) or V2 (LEDs and LCD)...?

What PCM and from what vehicle...?

Can you post the file that you were attempting to flash.
Can you post the file previous to the changes you made.

Had you been able to flash these two PCM's previously before this happened...?

I pm'd tech support.
It was a cal only flash

Efilive 7.5

Flash scan V1

Both PCM's where from a 2000 Transam

I have flashed both of these PCM's hundreds of times the first one is from my 440lsx i have been tunning on it for about a year, the other was from my other car thats down for a turbo project I have flashed it for 2 years.

All i made was speedo changes. I have a th350 and was using the reluctor wheel on the ring and pinion carrier to work the speedo, it worked but was off a few mph after about the third flash is when it happened.

I will post the before and after cal.

Thanks

joecar
December 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
In the tunetool, do Help->About and tell us which build number.

What changes did you make to the speedo segment in the tune file...?

Did the flash go to completion (did the pop up appear saying to turn off key for 15 seconds...?)...?

I notified tech support.

chevpower
December 17th, 2008, 03:35 PM
The tune i named street tune is the one i tried to flash when it happend
The one that say nitrous tune is from before the change

chevpower
December 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM
build is 66

Tire size was the change that i made.

When the flash was completing instead of the fuel pump cycling like it always did the fuel pump relay started pulsing along with the fuel pump running and wouldnt stop. yes it completed and asked me to turn the key off for the 15 sec. but as soon as i turned the key back on the pump was running along with the relay pulsing.

When i put the 2nd PCM in it the car ran but it was on a 383 tune and didnt run well so i flashed my 440 tune the same one that took the first on out but just as the first pcm did this one done the same.

When i try to flash the pcm now it says the pcm did not repond

chevpower
December 17th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I just looked back at the history and this is where is went bad

Speedometer
{H0101} Vehicle Speed Sensor Pulses per Kilometer, changed from "16817" to "159069".

GMPX
December 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM
There is something wrong with that tune, I flashed it in to a PCM here and it's now non responsive. I'll see if I can figure out what has gone wrong. Unfortunately it is also probably not recoverable, you will need to contact Jesse at Wait4me to see about getting them fixed.

Cheers,
Ross

chevpower
December 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I have another PCM that i can put in it but i want to be sure that it will work before i waste anymore money.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks
Greg

GMPX
December 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Greg,

I think the problem is going to be something to do with the changes made to H0101 & H0102.
If you were to use the tunes you had created up to before altering the H0101 & H0102 then you should be fine. We have seen this problem before when H0101 is set too low, that is obviously not the case with your tune.

Cheers,
Ross