PDA

View Full Version : Error trying to read an LBZ (12632640)

jpgmtech
December 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hi. Getting an error on a read.

Cannot merge calibrations with CPU system file: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\Z8B.ext

Calibration info:
VIN 1GCJK33D66F231098
Serial 86J604806730
Hardware N/A
Operating System 12632483
Calibration 12606127
BCC YNAY
Operating System 12632483
Engine Operation 12632640
Engine Diagnostics 12632654
Engine 12632720
Fuel System 12632666
System 12632677
Speedometer 12632700

GMPX
December 17th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Hi There,

We just got word of this new OS yesterday, we've already mapped it out and added support for it.
I'll post the files up so for others that might run in to the same problem before the next update.

You must be running v7.5.5 build 77 or later (as it looks like you are).
Download and extract the zip below somewhere on your PC then copy the files to the locations shown below -

12632483.calz in to -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

Z8B.ext and gm_enhanced.prn in to -
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

Cheers,
Ross

jpgmtech
December 17th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Many many thanks!

It helps that I can tell my customer "Yes I can do this!!!"

Joel P.
:rockon:

jpgmtech
December 31st, 2008, 04:44 AM
Well, been running this update for a while now. I've programmed a couple of LBZ's since and they will go through the reflash process with EFILive successfully but not start. DTC set in the ECM is P0602 Control Module Not Programmed. If I use GM's SPS equipment to update the ECM to the newest OS then I can successfully read and reflash with EFILive.

GMPX
December 31st, 2008, 04:38 PM
You mean you are trying to update the ECM from 'x' OS to the newest with EFILive first and it fails?
That in itself is not really a good idea because these trucks almost have calibrations tailored for them depending on options etc. What works in one truck might / won't work in another, even if they are stock tunes.
When updating OS's for Duramax's you are better off using SPS for that very reason, the on-line database GM use builds the correct stock tune based on the exact vehicle build.
Also, I think everyone is now, but make sure you were using build 77 of the software to create any full reflash files for the LBZ/LMM.

For us, the idea behind the full flashing was not to replace SPS, but to be able to offer a way for us to allow users to update the ECM with modified OS's that we develop.

Cheers,
Ross

jpgmtech
December 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
I just re-read my prior post, made in a hurry. Sorry... it's not that clear. I was performing a conventional read/write, no OS updating, just as I tune normally.

EFILive indicates a successful program on the write, but the truck will not start and the ECM sets the code mentioned previously. The first time it happened I retried, with the same result. Then to get the customer vehicle going, I reflashed with GM SPS and it ran. I then experimented doing a read/write again with EFILive, and it was successful. Of course, GM's SPS reflashes with the newest OS so EFILive was reading a completely new OS on the last try.

I have since tried a conventional read/write on 2 other LBZ's with precisely the same result.

I have all the *.tun files on my laptop, I can send if you wish.

vortecfcar
January 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I'm stuck here with a dead LBZ and P0602. Any follow up to this?

Just a standard .cal flash, same thing I've done 100 times...

Nick

jpgmtech
January 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Only solution I have found is to reflash the latest OS in with GM's SPS and then re-read with EFILive. EFILive will reflash with the latest OS properly. Of course if do not have access to GM's equipment this can be quite debilitating... I would appreciate a response to this as well as I am not always tuning near the dealership!:help2:

GMPX
January 8th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Nick, Paul released an update last night.
Can you please check for updates now, install them and try again, not sure it will fix the problem but some changes were made to the full flashing part of the software.

Oh, just re-read your post, a cal flash only!
What happens at this point?, can you reflash the ECM again or are you now locked out?

vortecfcar
January 8th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I am not locked out. I can still reflash... OS - 12606128

Correct, .cal flash only. I haven't tried to do a full flash ever on this truck.

I'm on build 76 with your updates previously posted in this thread.

Nick

GMPX
January 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Nick, just trying to get my head around how it got to this point.
This is a truck that you have programmed many times before without a hitch, but since "Fill in the blank" when you now program it, P0602 gets set and even if you program it again the code is still set.
There is no need to do a full reflash.

Again, I'm not sure it will fix it, but can you please now do a forced software update which should put you on build 78.

Cheers,
Ross

vortecfcar
January 8th, 2009, 11:18 AM
To Clarify Ross,

I've only flashed this truck once, so it has never successfully started after an EFILive flash. I downloaded his stock file, ran a script and reflashed with success. Key on, power, but no crank. Sets P0602.

I have reflashed once again now with the updated files and no success. Same condition.

I'm going to try to go back to stock here in a second.

Nick

Nick, just trying to get my head around how it got to this point.
This is a truck that you have programmed many times before without a hitch, but since "Fill in the blank" when you now program it, P0602 gets set and even if you program it again the code is still set.
There is no need to do a full reflash.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
January 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
PM sent Nick.

jpgmtech
January 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Just to clarify a bit more information on what happened with me, which is likely exactly the same problem Nick is running into:

1) Read truck with EFILive
2) Save stock file
3) Apply script LBZ tune
4) Save modified file
5) Reflash to truck
6) Flash completes successfully
7) Truck will not start
8) Check DTC's, P0602.

Then I tried reflashing again, same no start P0602 result. As I needed to get the customer going I switched over to GM's SPS equipment and did a reflash with GM's latest OS, which got the truck running again.

Then following the exact procedure numbered above with the latest GM OS, steps 1-6, the truck starts and runs normally and the tune is successful.

And I am running build 77.

vortecfcar
January 9th, 2009, 12:44 AM
It looks like any 'stock' file that was downloaded using build 76 or 77 corrupted the LBZ file somehow and made it un-useable for future edit and reflash. The solution is to upgrade to build 78 or newer and start with a fresh read of the stock file.

Thanks again for the quick help Ross,

Nick

jpgmtech
January 9th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Thanks! Good work.
:)

Joel P