PDA

View Full Version : EFILive at the P.R.I. show in Indianapolis, IN.

emarkay
December 13th, 2004, 05:21 AM
What a show. Wow. Arrived Wednsday evening to set up, and to test out Peter Starr's supercharged LS1 on the Dyno Dynamics engine dyno. Connected V7 and did a few logs and noted some things to correct. Downloaded the PCM data, opened the Editor, and moved a few things a bit and reflashed the PCM. Did a few pulls and did a few more flashes and got it purring like a happy kitten in less than a half hour.

Thursday and Friday and Saturday morning, while progressively rainier and colder outside, found a few old friends and a fair more new ones looking at EFILive as a tool they want to own.

The hardware and firmware performed flawlessly, and software did as expected. Yea, we found a few interface and operational suggestions (a built in 15 second time is one suggestion) have been relayed back to Paul, but all in all found no problems to report and no unhappy BSOD or other embarrassing demo problems.

Of course the time I dodn't realize how slow Win2K boots caused me to put more than a few tuning tool windows up at once in front of a "well known" person in the industry...

And the mid30's windy rainy muck was not making the laptops too happy, and when another person from a "well known" magazine was taking photos, the display froze and then it wouldn't reboot...

And then there was some interesting conversations with some other "big name" people who grasiously offered comments and other tasty morsels for Peter and I.

Saturday found us so busy I couldn't even grab a few photos outside of the engine and EFILive (and Peter and I) , and even on the way out, found Peter deep in conversation - but the lure of the airplane trip back to the land of Oz was strong, and we made it to the airport just in time...

All in all I feel humbled, honored, and pleased at the show, the opportunity to be there, and the performance of EFILive and Starr Performance, as well as the Dyno Dynamics dynos and Aussie Importers for making this all happen.

Thanks to all.

emarkay
(AKA: "John Smith") ;)

DebianDog
December 13th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Congrats! Now fix the order page so I can buy it! :D

emarkay
December 13th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Sorry, but that's not my department, but I am sure as soon as Blackie gets back to NZ he'll get on it - and yes, things are still on schedule for the 1/3/05 as of now...

MRK!

GMPX
December 13th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Sorry, but that's not my department, but I am sure as soon as Blackie gets back to NZ he'll get on it - and yes, things are still on schedule for the 1/3/05 as of now...

MRK!

For the rest of us that's 3/1/05 :wink: (That's the metric formatted date).

Cheers,
Ross

bink
December 14th, 2004, 10:20 AM

MRK!

For the rest of us that's 3/1/05 :wink: (That's the metric formatted date).

Cheers,
Ross

In my analog mind it's " January 3, 2005". I see it in my sleep :P

Cheers,
joel.

joecar
December 17th, 2004, 11:41 AM
I could be wrong, but I remember seeing somewhere that the Metric date format looks like YEAR.MONTH.DAY so the date in question would be respresented as 2005.01.03 and supposedly this would make sense to all peoples of all nations.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SinisterSS
December 17th, 2004, 01:17 PM

Looks like a screwed up IP address to me. :D

joecar
December 17th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yes, you can't tell if I really meant to write 20.05.01.03 or something like it.
:wink: