PDA

View Full Version : Need help on tuning for new set up....

12sec.5.3
December 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I have a 370 with ported and flowed l92's, custom cam, l76 intake, 90mm tb...and so on. Anyone interested in helping make a couple adjustments? I could use some advice. Thanks in advance.

dc_justin
December 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
What kind of adjustments are you looking for and where are you having trouble? What ECM is controlling this?

12sec.5.3
December 19th, 2008, 09:05 PM
It is an 02 pcm. I'm having trouble starting when it's cold (open loop I think). It idles a little low and it wants to kill whenever I touch the throttle or shift gears. After it gets to regular temps it runs fine. Still kills on me but not half as bad. I do plan on getting a dyno tune pretty soon, but he usually doesn't spend much time on driveability issues, mostly wot. So I guess I should learn this a bit more.

Aloicious
December 19th, 2008, 11:09 PM
It is an 02 pcm. I'm having trouble starting when it's cold (open loop I think). It idles a little low and it wants to kill whenever I touch the throttle or shift gears. After it gets to regular temps it runs fine. Still kills on me but not half as bad. I do plan on getting a dyno tune pretty soon, but he usually doesn't spend much time on driveability issues, mostly wot. So I guess I should learn this a bit more.

have you done the RAFIG/RAFPN process? what about AutoVE? are you running a MAF?

you might look at your desired idle speed table {B4603} and see what its set at, I had to raise my idle slightly when I did my cam.

there's also a thread around here somewhere all about idle tuning, you may want to seach around for it, its got some great info.

EDIT- here's that idle tuning thread I was talking about. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661&highlight=idle

dc_justin
December 20th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Are you running a custom OS? Feel free to send me the tune file at justin at blackbearperformance.com and I'll take a look at it for you.

12sec.5.3
December 20th, 2008, 05:35 AM
have you done the RAFIG/RAFPN process? what about AutoVE? are you running a MAF?

you might look at your desired idle speed table {B4603} and see what its set at, I had to raise my idle slightly when I did my cam.

there's also a thread around here somewhere all about idle tuning, you may want to seach around for it, its got some great info.

EDIT- here's that idle tuning thread I was talking about. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661&highlight=idle

What is RAFIG/RAFPN? Never done the auto ve and yes I'm still running the maf. I adjusted the idle speeds to around 725 which helped out a lot when then engine is warm. Still doesn't idle that high from a cold startup though.

12sec.5.3
December 20th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Are you running a custom OS? Feel free to send me the tune file at justin at blackbearperformance.com and I'll take a look at it for you.

Email sent to justin at blackbearperformance.com

Aloicious
December 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Email sent to justin at blackbearperformance.com

Justin should be able to help out.
although do a search for RAFIG to find the process. with the ported heads and cam, etc I'm thinking you're VE and desired airflow tables are probably off. I had a buch of problems when I swapped to MPFI and changed cams, just a lot of little tuning issues to sort out.

are you running a wideband O2 sensor?

12sec.5.3
December 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It shouldn't be too far off b/c i had a h/c 6.0 in before, just a little wilder now. Yes I have an AEM wideband