PDA

View Full Version : Problem starting Scan after 7.5 install

Extinct
December 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM
I'm getting an error message every time I start scan, upon closing the error message Scan shuts down. This is the error message:

Cannot open file "E:\Personal data\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt". The system cannot find the file specified

Anyone else ever get this ? Known fixes ?

I submitted a support request, but I thought I would check here as well in case someone else had run in to it.

Thanks

Tim

mr.prick
December 21st, 2008, 05:15 AM
is your cal.pids.txt missing?
if the calc.pids.txt is corrupt or
if you tried to make a calc.pid and it is not written incorrectly this will happen.

joecar
December 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Create an empty calc_pids.txt file (using Notepad) and place it in that folder and try again...

Or search the forum for a calc_pids.txt file and copy it to that folder.

e.g. see post #16: showthread.php?p=83784&highlight=calc_pids#post83784 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=83784&highlight=calc_pids#post83784)

joecar
December 21st, 2008, 10:25 AM
E:\Personal data\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txtShouldn't that say My Documents or Documents (depending on Win XP or Vista)...?

In the scantool, go Edit->Properties->Folders and set the User Configuration folder to the right value:
C:\Documents and Settings\you\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

you = your Windows username

Extinct
December 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Shouldn't that say My Documents or Documents (depending on Win XP or Vista)...?

In the scantool, go Edit->Properties->Folders and set the User Configuration folder to the right value:
C:\Documents and Settings\you\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

you = your Windows username

That's the problem, I don't use the "my documents" folder - bad habit I guess but I just didn't MS telling me where to put my folders and what to name them (first place a hacker/virus looks). I would like to be able to edit the location in the scantool, but it won't open long enough to do that ?