PDA

View Full Version : Elevated Idle Start Time

MWDHAND
December 21st, 2008, 05:19 AM
Hey Guys

I was wondering if I can delay the time that the elevated idle comes on for lets say another couple of mins. Up here in Alberta I have a developed a problem that when it is really cold, and the high idle kicks in like the 1 min or so after starting, the engine oil is so thick and heavy that it blowing the seal out on my first stage filter of my AMS Oil dual filter bypass. If I leave the trunk run for about 3 mins and then kick in the elevated idle I have no problem as it gets the oil moving and no leaks. The PITA part is having to go back out in 5 mins and turn the elevated idle on. Is there any way I can make that delay longer so this does not happen?

Thanks

MWD

sweetdiesel
June 27th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys

I was wondering if I can delay the time that the elevated idle comes on for lets say another couple of mins. Up here in Alberta I have a developed a problem that when it is really cold, and the high idle kicks in like the 1 min or so after starting, the engine oil is so thick and heavy that it blowing the seal out on my first stage filter of my AMS Oil dual filter bypass. If I leave the trunk run for about 3 mins and then kick in the elevated idle I have no problem as it gets the oil moving and no leaks. The PITA part is having to go back out in 5 mins and turn the elevated idle on. Is there any way I can make that delay longer so this does not happen?

Thanks

MWD

B2404 should be enough if not use b2407
and you could also change b2410 to 199 it takes longer to ramp up to that rpm when it does