PDA

View Full Version : Elevated Idle Start Time

MWDHAND
December 21st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hey Guys

I was wondering if I can delay the time that the elevated idle comes on for lets say another couple of mins. Up here in Alberta I have a developed a problem that when it is really cold, and the high idle kicks in like the 1 min or so after starting, the engine oil is so thick and heavy that it blowing the seal out on my first stage filter of my AMS Oil dual filter bypass. If I leave the trunk run for about 3 mins and then kick in the elevated idle I have no problem as it gets the oil moving and no leaks. The PITA part is having to go back out in 5 mins and turn the elevated idle on. Is there any way I can make that delay longer so this does not happen?

Thanks

MWD

rcr1978
December 22nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
Take a look at b2404,5,6,9 these are not time settings but you could increasing these maybe it will work. Look at B2406 it's set at 5f maybe set it up to +15-25 or something then the engine will have to idle until coolant temp reaches this before elevated idle comes on. Increase the others also so the elevated idle stays on a little longer. I have never tried this but it may work good luck.

MWDHAND
December 22nd, 2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the help I will give that a try.

joecar
December 22nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
MWD, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

MWDHAND
December 22nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks!!!!