PDA

View Full Version : MAF or MAFLESS - Sub thread: OL Calibrations

Gelf VXR
December 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM
I don't like it... Although transient fueling is now available... having such a high value for the PE to kick in will simply heat up the pistons way too much and cause knocking.

I agree and disagree, as there are seperate calibrations for piston and cat protection which can be tuned to protect against prolonged abuse.

I don't want PE enabled at low ETCTP every time I decide to open her up for a bit of spirited driving on a straight bit of free road, I was best fuel for torque in that sistuation, and then I'd like PE to enable when I hit the MAP load thresh hold and or WOT, fair enough 95-100 kPa might be set to high at higher rpms.

Gelf VXR
December 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM
I found I ping easily at low speed load unless I add enough fuel... but...

Yes, I have been tuning my spark using my BENs only, using the OL load & PE settings, about to be updated to the ones I have just posted. (Previously my OL load was much more conservative and I had set PE flat @85% ooops!!) So the process starts again.

From my previous logs you can see a definate area of knock at 1600-2000 rpm at nearly all loads that needs to be addressed by fueling.

joecar
December 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, my 2001 LS1 F-body knocks in approximately the same area.

Gelf VXR
December 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Yes, my 2001 LS1 F-body knocks in approximately the same area.

I will update my load map to 1.083 in those knock areas before i start again and see how that goes.

I'm interpreting very consistent results now, I'll post my hi octane map later based on my previous fueing maps.

Gelf VXR
December 21st, 2008, 11:58 PM
My hi octane map derived solely from BEN data, no smoothing (well only through my interpretation of the results) derived from my previous fueling maps and PE calibrations.

The new map is running much less spark than the stock, which is hardly suprising because I reduced PE AFR and intoduced OL lean cruise again reducing AFR, however i also introduced OL high torque, but a bit to conservatively it would seem.

This in effect will become my LO octane map and starting point for the HI octane map, as I have lowered PE thresholds and increased fueling in the appropriate hi load areas in the OL map. I will need to increase spark for the denser AFRs.

Attachments

New Map
Stock Map
Difference Map