PDA

View Full Version : Scrambled Black Box Log

Jason S.
December 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
Every few logs I pull off of the V2 Black Box log I get garbage, just scrambled Data. What could be causing this??

joecar
December 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
Jason,

Which build of scantool and of EFILive Explorer...?

Can you post some screenshots...?

Is your Options.txt file modified...?

I pm'd tech support.

swingtan
December 21st, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have found the usual reasons for corrupted BBL log data as as follows...

Having some applications open at the same time as opening a BBL log file can cause "apparent" corruption. Applications like VNCViewer will interfere with the loading of log files. If you get issues, try shutting down other applications to see if they are the problem.
Faulty connector between the V2 and the ODB-II port. This could be a break in the cable or just bad connections where the plug enters the V2.
Failing to "end" the log file before powering down the V2 (buy unplugging it from the car).
Failing to "end" the log file before removing the SD memory card.
Failing to wait sufficient time between ending a log and powering down the V2 or removing the SD card.
Selecting too many PID's or PIDs that consume too many channels.
Selecting some PIDs that may not have full functionality. I found this when logging GM.MAFSD when the MAF was in a failed state.

Simon.

Jason S.
December 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Jason,

Which build of scantool and of EFILive Explorer...?

Can you post some screenshots...?

Is your Options.txt file modified...?

I pm'd tech support.

O.k. here is the screen shot, and a log. I always try to end the log and cancel back to the top screen of the V2. Sometimes I turn the ignition off then cancel, although this hasen't seemed to affect anything.

LS1_Dragster
December 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I get the same screen often, I haventy been able to figure out why. I have been able to repair a few of them by copying the first line of a good file to the bad file.....

Lee

Tordne
December 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Please update your software to the latest version (both 7.5.5 and 8.1). This was a known problem of some time ago, which I believe has been well and truly resolved. Our downloads page is here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124

You should also update the bootblock and firmware to the latest also.

Jason S.
December 30th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Please update your software to the latest version (both 7.5.5 and 8.1). This was a known problem of some time ago, which I believe has been well and truly resolved. Our downloads page is here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124

You should also update the bootblock and firmware to the latest also.

All my software is up to date. 7.5.5. and 8.1.2 all firmware and bootblock is up to date as well. Even when I check for updates it tells me it's fully up to date.

LS1_Dragster
December 30th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Me too......

nevinsb
December 30th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Is this on a specific vehicle? I have yet to see logs get corrupted on mine unless I unplug the V2 from the OBD port before the log finishes saving.

What SD card are you using?

Tordne
December 30th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Please confirm the software is 7.5.5 Build 72 (Build 77 is latest update) and 8.1.2 Build 42 (Build 44 is latest update). We changed the installer a little while ago and it is feasible that the check for updates is using the old installer, and therefore will not find anything.

Jason S.
December 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Please confirm the software is 7.5.5 Build 72 (Build 77 is latest update) and 8.1.2 Build 42 (Build 44 is latest update). We changed the installer a little while ago and it is feasible that the check for updates is using the old installer, and therefore will not find anything.

The attached log is from the V2, as recorded, it has the latest bootloader and firmware. My build is 77 and 44.