PDA

View Full Version : Having troubles....

dmaxlover
December 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Trying to get EFI to see the V1 cable. I am running Vista and the most current version of EFILive. I searched and read through everything pertaining to Vista and drivers. I've tried everything, uninstalling, and installing the latest drivers, and still nothing.

If I go to the device manager, it shows EFILive is connected. I ran the USBview program and EFILive showed up on there as well.

I need some suggestions, as my old computer that is running XP is ready to retire.

Thanks.

MN C5
December 24th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Make sure you install the proper drivers. Try reinstalling them if you already did it...

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124

dmaxlover
December 24th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I tried reinstalling the drivers many times with the same no working effect. And yes, I used the current driver download for Vista.

Blacky
December 25th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Check in the properties window (Edit->Properties) and make sure you have the correct cable type selected. Or that you have "scan for all cables" checked.

Also, if/when you install/reinstall the drivers, try turning of Vista's UAC (User Access Control) before installing/re-installing.

Regards
Paul

dmaxlover
December 25th, 2008, 03:29 PM
The cable type is correct, and the scan for all cables box is checked. I also never have user account control turned on, and still doesn't work.
Does this driver install screen look correct?

Tordne
December 25th, 2008, 04:10 PM
The driver should show the proper device name I would have thought. Check out this section checking the device settings are correct: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=122#

The drivers you should be using are in your 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista' folder when 7.5.x is installed.

dmaxlover
December 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM
The above didn't work, still said no device found. I was ready to give up, but decided to uninstall EFILive completely and reinstall it without screwing around with the drivers. I plugged in my V1, opened the tune tool, went to help -> Flashscan V1 PCM Licensing, and all the info was there with no error message! So I think it is working now, I'll hook it up to the truck tomorrow just to make sure tho.