PDA

View Full Version : How to modify individual dsp tunes??

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I have a couple dsp5 tunes for my lly and want to make some minor changes to the smoke and fuel tunes but i dont know how to go to one tune on the dsp tunes. any help would like to change some stuff.
thanks

DmaxHawk
December 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Have you upgraded your OS?

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
yes had to do a full reflash to install it

DmaxHawk
December 26th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Go to the calibrations tab under the navigator. There you will see a tab called EFI Live Custom Calibrations. From there you can change whichever tune you need to adjust.

Is this what you are asking?

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM
i think i will let you know in a min. i am gonna jump on efi real quick

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
alright figured that part out. ok these are my tunes pos 1 all the way counter clockwise 100 2-80 3-smoke 4-tow 5-mileage. alright is the dsp #1 position one(my 100hp)? and how do i modify pos 5 its not supposed to be stock like most people do its a custom mileage tune that sucks? and how can i swap another tune in its place do i have to write a whole new one or can i just do some copy paset kinda crap?

thanks

DmaxHawk
December 26th, 2008, 02:27 PM
No, your 100 is your 1st position not your first DSP program, your base tune will always be your first position. Where it says DSP program #1, that would be your 2nd position. base=1, 1=2, 2=3, 3=4, 4=5. make sense?

Some people will put their most powerful tune as a base tune and work down from which there, sounds like what you have.

If you plan on changing one tune with another, you can just copy and paste the tables.

Hope this helps

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
that helps alot thanks i am sure i will come up with some more questions. the only other one i know of right now is do you know anyone with a really good fuel mileage tune? for an lly

DmaxHawk
December 26th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Try it yourself. Some pointers for mileage tunes is to bring the boost to near 0 at your cruising speed. Bring timing up some at the same speed and bring fuel up a bit also.

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Fuel in the main inj pulse and main inj pulse pilot? And how much timing is too much

DmaxHawk
December 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Fuel in the main injection pulse, and also the torque limited injection quantity.

Too much torque is when you can hear the engine start knocking a lot, i would increase in increments of 2, check how it runs and adjust accordingly

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 03:28 PM
what about timing numbers and whats too much? i know that it doesnt knock at all right now so i dont touch the main inj pilot at all? sorry bout all the questions just tryin to learn :)

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 03:30 PM
and i just wanna adjust around cruising speed correct no where else?

DmaxHawk
December 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Like i said, adjust timing in 2 degree increments below 2600 rpm. timing should not exceed 20 degrees.

I dont mess with the pilot injection.

You can adjust more than just where you are crusing but thats where i prefer to focus, otherwise it somewhat affects drivability around town for me.

Dont apologize for asking too many questions thats the way to learn :) thats how I got started.

05duramonster
December 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM
thanks i will let you know when i get it done