PDA

View Full Version : Live tuning for RFI-Live??

Bob's Garage
September 13th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Will there be future enhancements to EFI Live that will allow realtime dyno tuning cell by cell while running on the dyno?

Something similar to Autotronics?

Thanks

Bob

nitrorocket
September 13th, 2005, 09:56 AM
That would be amazing. My Accel Gen 7 had that and it made tuning so easy. You just clicked on a cel or range of cells, and hit the up or down arros to adjust them by a pre-determined amount. Then hit enter and within about 2 seconds, it was applied! You could instantly see what raising or lowering the VE would do to idle or WOT. You'd have my vote for that feature!!!!

GMPX
September 13th, 2005, 10:37 AM
No, but one (maybe more) already exists, though you are looking at about $20K+, it's also an Ausralian product and I am not sure they have support for all US vehicles yet.
The feedback we get from some tuners (who tune both LS1's and Motecs tec) is that yes it would be nice, but with the software so powerful it's not really necessary once you have your head on top of tuning LS1's.
It's not so much a 'feature' to add in, we already have some overide functions for fuel and spark that allow you to test out changes on the fly, to tune realtime involves some pretty complex hardware modifications to the PCM.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
September 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
I just saw a unit this weekend that taps into the stock wiring harness and allows for real time timing and fuel adjustments for the LS1. It was made by a company called Tuning Solutions. I read the manual it came with and it looks pretty cool. I also have more experience in the FAST/GEN7 style software then the GM and know the value of tuning in real time. Especially with our Dyno Dynamics dyno with load control.

I am also realizing that NOTHING beats the GM PCM for overall control, despites in learning curve.

This piggy back unit is the size of a large cigarette pack and has very few wires to hook up. It appeared as if doesn't change the data in the PCM but it adds values to the base programming. I have two coming for experimental purposes.

Anyone else know about this system?

Howard

GMPX
September 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I've not heard of it Howard, but as soon as you said it wires into the harness you lost my interest :(
By now you know how smart and complex the LS1 PCM is, fooling it with altered values from sensors is not the way to go........but I'll let you decide that.

Cheers,
Ross

VT LS1 NZ
September 13th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I just saw a unit this weekend that taps into the stock wiring harness and allows for real time timing and fuel adjustments for the LS1. It was made by a company called Tuning Solutions. I read the manual it came with and it looks pretty cool. I also have more experience in the FAST/GEN7 style software then the GM and know the value of tuning in real time. Especially with our Dyno Dynamics dyno with load control.

I am also realizing that NOTHING beats the GM PCM for overall control, despites in learning curve.

This piggy back unit is the size of a large cigarette pack and has very few wires to hook up. It appeared as if doesn't change the data in the PCM but it adds values to the base programming. I have two coming for experimental purposes.

Howard

I've have been running this unit on my blown LS1 for over 2 years now.
It allows as you say tuning on the fly.I recently upgraded from their 22 psi inbuilt map tables and transferred their Map vs Rpm tables to EFILives custom operating system.
They have some really nice features as well as an injecter driver for low impedence injectors and its a full sequential unit where as some other driver are batch fire. :D

Delco
September 13th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Howard

Sounds a lot like the TSI we used to use on the BA fords , was a horrible thing , inconsistant but I suppose it was at least miles ahead of the uni-chip.

Piggybacks are a horrible tuning solution.

VT LS1 NZ
September 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I've not heard of it Howard, but as soon as you said it wires into the harness you lost my interest :(
By now you know how smart and complex the LS1 PCM is, fooling it with altered values from sensors is not the way to go........but I'll let you decide that.

Cheers,
Ross

I understand what your saying and agree about the GM Pcm.
But you have no choice if you want to run big injectors.
As in my previous post I have the best of both worlds ,able to tune on the fly and convert the figuires over to your brillant COS.

Delco
September 13th, 2005, 08:26 PM

Cheers,
Ross

As in my previous post I have the best of both worlds ,able to tune on the fly and convert the figuires over to your brillant COS.

How big a injector do you want to run , we have been using 120lb low impedance with driver boxes with no issues on LS1's

zrx1200
September 13th, 2005, 08:54 PM
No, but one (maybe more) already exists, though you are looking at about $20K+, it's also an Ausralian product and I am not sure they have support for all US vehicles yet.
The feedback we get from some tuners (who tune both LS1's and Motecs tec) is that yes it would be nice, but with the software so powerful it's not really necessary once you have your head on top of tuning LS1's.
It's not so much a 'feature' to add in, we already have some overide functions for fuel and spark that allow you to test out changes on the fly, to tune realtime involves some pretty complex hardware modifications to the PCM.

Cheers,
RossI remember seeing a pic on another forum with an extra connector on the pcm

VT LS1 NZ
September 14th, 2005, 06:27 AM

Cheers,
Ross

How big a injector do you want to run , we have been using 120lb low impedance with driver boxes with no issues on LS1's

Good to hear ,I'm not having any issues with the unit I'm running .
Can I ask what/who's driver boxes you have been using??