PDA

View Full Version : defueling at 210 deg.

farmer
December 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Truck runs fine til. temp gage hits 210 deg., Then is like it goes back to stock tune. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this. Thanks

DmaxHawk
December 30th, 2008, 06:13 PM
What type of tune are you running? DSP5, DSP2, single flash? What engine do you have? I assume you have an LB7?

farmer
December 31st, 2008, 02:48 AM
I have a lb7 engine, This is a single flash. The tune is bullydog pup, that I added fuel to. To make it smoke alittle

farmer
December 31st, 2008, 03:51 AM
I have engine codes,po234 turbo eng. overboost, po089 fuel pressure regulator 1 performance, po101 mass air flow senser performance. Just thought this would help out.

DmaxHawk
December 31st, 2008, 03:58 AM
I havent heard of anything like that. I would try copy and pasting all the fuel and boost tables from the bullydog onto your stock tune and try that.

mvnvltn
January 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM
The 234 over boost code will cause defuel. Go to C0301 and set these to not reported. That should solve the "Limited Power" issue. I had the same problem when I went to a different turbo. It may not be necessary for all 4, but that's what worked for me.

farmer
January 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks I tried that and it works fine.Thanks for all your help.

mvnvltn
January 2nd, 2009, 05:23 AM
are you running a K&N type filter?

DmaxHawk
January 2nd, 2009, 05:29 AM
are you running a K&N type filter?
Good question, or any other oil-type filter

mvnvltn
January 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Are you using a lift pump? What is your max inj pulse?

farmer
January 2nd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Im running a k&n cold air intake, My pusher pump is a raptor 150, Main inj. pulse is 3250

DmaxHawk
January 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
the oil in the k&n may be messing with your maf

mvnvltn
January 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
the oil in the k&n may be messing with your maf

Yes I agree!!! To be honest there is no gain on a Duramax other than sound, from an intake. The K&N style filter can actually have the oil sucked off them and contaminate the mass air sensor. I had this happen to me from a drop in style K&N. To remedy this, you can either swap back your stock intake or try to keep using the K&N.

A method of cleaning the mass air flow sensor is to get some "Non Residue Electronic Parts Cleaner" from Radio Shack (or equivalent).
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102649

Make sure it dries before you reinstall. Since the Sensor heats up to operate, any wet residue can damage the sensor.

This should fix your MAF code/ issue. It has worked for me an many others.

Your pulse might be a liitle high. Have you logged your Fuel pressue to see what it is staying around?

DmaxHawk
January 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Yes I agree!!! To be honest there is no gain on a Duramax other than sound, from an intake. The K&N style filter can actually have the oil sucked off them and contaminate the mass air sensor. I had this happen to me from a drop in style K&N. To remedy this, you can either swap back your stock intake or try to keep using the K&N.

A method of cleaning the mass air flow sensor is to get some "Non Residue Electronic Parts Cleaner" from Radio Shack (or equivalent).
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102649

Make sure it dries before you reinstall. Since the Sensor heats up to operate, any wet residue can damage the sensor.

This should fix your MAF code/ issue. It has worked for me an many others.

Your pulse might be a liitle high. Have you logged your Fuel pressue to see what it is staying around?

there is a benefit but only after 500 horse.

mvnvltn
January 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
there is a benefit but only after 500 horse.

That could be debated, another day:cheers:

DmaxHawk
January 2nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
That could be debated, another day:cheers:

hahaha I agree :cheers:

vortecfcar
January 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
All of the codes you've listed will put the truck into reduced power mode. That's the source of your 'stock feeling tune'.

Nick