PDA

View Full Version : Why no installed options matrix in EFIlive

CC&M
December 31st, 2008, 09:03 PM
I'm curious as to why there is no installed options matrix or engine identifier in EFI live. I know that the options matrix works hand in hand with the platform code to enable lean cruise on US PCM's, but it is not in EFI live either, so why not put in the matrix and identifier? I also understand EFI's position on this, I'm not posting this to make yet another argument for or against LC. I would like to have the use of the matrix to turn on or off the ETC control, F and L alternater terminals and what not. I would also like the use of the engine identifier, as I believe this is how you make the PCM switch between a 3X or 4X vortec style reluctor vs. a 24X LS. As for as I know the 3X was still in use in 2006 with the 1024k PCM. I'm running an engine on a test stand and would like to play with these variables.

MICK
December 31st, 2008, 09:34 PM
This is a interesting thought. Many people these days a playing around with retro fitting PCM's to different engine vehicle combo's. Would be nice to obtain detailed information on the switching parameters of the options matrix.

You could add the installed options matrix switching parameters via .cax file.

What OS are you using?

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 1st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Mick,
The OS I'm currently using is 12212156, but haven't found a factory bin that supports flex fuel in that OS. I have found 12216125 runs flex with a 5.3, that's why I want to change the engine identifier to see if I can make it run with a 4X reluctor. I have 24x reluctors being made, but they are still at a CNC shop and looking like about 20 days to get them.
Most if my stuff is retrofit engine installs so having more of the options available would be great. Are there any Holdens that used flex, or is it a US thing?

chevy052500hd
January 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM
That is one of the reasons I swapped to the 1 mb pcm. Couldn't get my vortec v6 to run on the 512K flex cal. I would be nice to have this available to because I would like to run a gm computer on my old 97sc2 saturn but that engine uses a 7x crank signal. It would be also nice to have available the camshaft pulses.

CC&M
January 1st, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'd like to try the '03 PCM myself, but would have to set the engine identifier to 1 like it is in the 0411 when used on an express cal. With the 5.3 it is set to "0". I am curious that if a 1meg pcm has it's identifier set to "1" if it will run with a 4x CKP. With that option active in EFI I could try it.

MICK
January 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
I'd like to try the '03 PCM myself, but would have to set the engine identifier to 1 like it is in the 0411 when used on an express cal. With the 5.3 it is set to "0". I am curious that if a 1meg pcm has it's identifier set to "1" if it will run with a 4x CKP. With that option active in EFI I could try it.

Well here is your chance to check it out.....:)

Attached is a simple .cax file that I put together for the parameter "Engine Identifier" to suite the OS 12216125.

Extract the file to the following folder: C/ program files/ efilive/ v7.5/ calibrations.

Make sure you back up your LC patch if you have it installed in the same folder. This will overwrite the existing file if installed.

If you open a 8.1 cal the Identifier will show "6".

My cross checking shows that this would be correct.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mick,
Good show, that opens up a wholebunch of ideas at this end. I'm not using LC currently since the .bin files I changed to platform 2 with TC report errors when I open them in EFI. I've been using E85 in my race car for some years with carbs, and have been wanting to inject it on OBD2. I have been using it with an OBD1 TBI with $0D as the mask. It runs great, but have to change chips to go back to gas. I have found that it tricks the o2 sensor a bit, so the fuel economy isn't as good as I think it could be. I bet LC would be a benefit here. Did Holden's ever get on board with the flex fuel?
I'll try to get the 5.3 file with ID set to 1 on the RR soon, and try to fire the engine up. What's the worst that could happen right?
Many thanks,
Wade

MICK
January 3rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wade,

I was playing around last night and got the platform code and the installed options matrix sorted.

Have a play with this .cax and see what you think.

Holden's did run flex fuel but much later in the year models then the USA vehicles.

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Mick,
This may sound like a stupid question, but can this .cax peacefully coexist with the .cax that enables LC. The cax that enables LC I would assume puts a "nop" in the bin instead of making it believe it is a Holden? Now you got me thinking that using LC with flex might be interesting. Now I'm off to the parts house to pick up a new starter for the engine on the test stand, Mine seems to have taken a walk.
Good day,
Wade

nevinsb
January 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Let me know what you find out on the e85 tuning. I'll have to give that another go after I get it unburied from the garage, and finish bolting some more LS1 engine parts to it.

I have a couple spare PCMs from a 2003 S10 if you are interested. As far as I can tell, they were specific to the 4.3L s10. In 2004, they moved back to the 12586243 which they used on the V8's again.

I sent a few of my tunes over to HoldenCrazy, but my guess is they got stuck up in the spam filter, so if you need a copy of them, let me know.

On the S10:
2001-2002 PCM: 12200411 (Blue/Red)
2003 PCM 125815656 or 12576106 (Blue/Green)
2004 12586243 (Blue/Green)
2005 ????????? (Still waiting for it to show up in the mail)

The other thing that drives me nuts is not being able to do a comparison on the cal file from different OS PCMs, but that's another topic.

MICK
January 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah sure.

LC added. Version 3.

MICK
January 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Let me know what you find out on the e85 tuning. I'll have to give that another go after I get it unburied from the garage, and finish bolting some more LS1 engine parts to it.

I have a couple spare PCMs from a 2003 S10 if you are interested. As far as I can tell, they were specific to the 4.3L s10. In 2004, they moved back to the 12586243 which they used on the V8's again.

I sent a few of my tunes over to HoldenCrazy, but my guess is they got stuck up in the spam filter, so if you need a copy of them, let me know.

On the S10:
2001-2002 PCM: 12200411 (Blue/Red)
2003 PCM 125815656 or 12576106 (Blue/Green)
2004 12586243 (Blue/Green)
2005 ????????? (Still waiting for it to show up in the mail)

The other thing that drives me nuts is not being able to do a comparison on the cal file from different OS PCMs, but that's another topic.

You cant compare different Operating systems because the parameter addressing is different. When you see what I see, it just would not be worth the effort to try and do so in the software. In those cases you just open up the tune software twice with different calibrations and go through it the old way and compare settings.

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Mick,
On the way to the parts house I realized I had one of those Duh moments, it dawned on me that I shouln't need the LC patch. All I would have to do is set the platform code to 2. I apologize for the inconvenience at your end if I caused any. Your cax file should prove helpful to engine swappers though, and that was my original intention when this thread began, and again thank you.

MICK
January 3rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
All is good....:)

I'm interested in what you find with the ignition and the Engine Identifier.

Let us know how you go.

Enjoy.

Mick

GMPX
January 5th, 2009, 10:55 AM
First thing, Lean Cruise is not in the options matrix, that is a hardcoded platform check.

We had started to put the options Matrix in to the cals when we found it changed a bit over the years (just to make matters hard), Jesse at wait4me was helping us figure it out, I should check back because it would be a handy option to show for the retro fit tuners.

Cheers,
Ross

Chuck CoW
January 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
First thing, Lean Cruise is not in the options matrix, that is a hardcoded platform check.

We had started to put the options Matrix in to the cals when we found it changed a bit over the years (just to make matters hard), Jesse at wait4me was helping us figure it out, I should check back because it would be a handy option to show for the retro fit tuners.

Cheers,
Ross

I think that would be really handy.....I do lotsa stuff like that.

I was also thinking I might need something like this for the Trailblazer SS project I'm doing in case I need to change to the E38 and the 52x from original 24x reluctor....

Sounds like a great idea.
Chuck CoW

MICK
January 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM
This sort of thing really interests me. I can see good things to come for retro engine fitters. Opens up allot more options. I see a couple other parameters with the cam shaft phasing that might be interesting to the advanced tuner.

The late model PCM options would really take it to the next level as I'm sure they would be a little more intricate. Still like that thought, would be very interesting.

Sorry to bestow more work upon you Ross but I think when the guys in the know realize what you can do with these parameters you might get a few more people asking the question.

Happy to shed some light.

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Mick,
I finally got this on the test stand and set up. Bad news, simply setting the engine identifier to 1 on a 5.3 bin doesn't work. Lots of spark with a 2002 Xpress bin, but none with the flex fuel bin. I attached the files I tried if you are interested.
As a sidenote, what do you use to disassemble the bins. It's time for me to start learning again. This nice software's made me lazy, I haven't looked at code since OBD1. If you have any ideas let me know, the engines going to stay set up on the test stand for a while. The '54 it's going into has a while to go before it is going to need it's power.
Wade

Blacky
January 6th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I was also thinking I might need something like this for the Trailblazer SS project I'm doing in case I need to change to the E38 and the 52x from original 24x reluctor....

http://www.lingenfelter.com/documents/L460065397TRG-00158xTriggerConversionModuleInstructionsv1.2.pdf

Regards
Paul

CC&M
January 7th, 2009, 05:40 AM
This sort of thing really interests me. I can see good things to come for retro engine fitters. Opens up allot more options. I see a couple other parameters with the cam shaft phasing that might be interesting to the advanced tuner.

The late model PCM options would really take it to the next level as I'm sure they would be a little more intricate. Still like that thought, would be very interesting.

Sorry to bestow more work upon you Ross but I think when the guys in the know realize what you can do with these parameters you might get a few more people asking the question.

Happy to shed some light.

Cheers

Mick

Mick,
I'm guessing that with the camshaft phasing there is a parameter that would allow moving the fuel injector pulse to better align it with the intake valve opening. This would be a benefit to the advanced tuner that is using a cam with an earlier opening point than stock. My guess is that there must also be parameters that dictate at what RPM the computer exits sequential injection at idle to go into batch fire mode.
Wade

gmh308
January 8th, 2009, 11:57 PM
http://www.lingenfelter.com/documents/L460065397TRG-00158xTriggerConversionModuleInstructionsv1.2.pdf

Regards
Paul

The LPE converter is a great piece of work, it runs a 58X engine on a 24X PCM.....unfortunately not the other way around..... :(

CC&M
January 9th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I have added the installed options matrix and platform code to the 12212156 OS, in similar fashion to what Mick did for me a few days ago for the 12216125 OS. I'm posting it to help other engine swapping fools like me along with this hobby.
Wade

s10mods
January 12th, 2009, 03:27 PM
so I can assume that in the matrix that 1 is on or installed and 0 is off or no option?
also what do all these stand for? I know what GMT800 is and I assume that F and Y are the Camaro and Vette, but what about ML, ST, P, etc?
Code 1999 - 2000 2001 - 2003 2004 - 2006
0 B F F
1 D Y Y
2 F V V
3 Y GMT350 GMT350
4 GMT350 GMT450 GMT450
5 GMT800 GMT560 GMT560
6 GMT540 GMT610 GMT610
7 P GMT800 GMT800
8 V ML ML
9 ST ST
10 P P
11 GMT3700
12 H2

s10mods
January 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
one more thing, is there a way to add 4WD option? I know the L31 G van tuns dont have 4wd option so when in 4 lo it doesnt shift, is this something that could be added to the platform options? or is this something in the system part of the file?

CC&M
January 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I don't know all of them but 0=camaro,firebird 1=corvette, 2=holden 3=?, 4=?, 5=?, 6=xpress van(at least on mine) 7=chevy, gmc truck 8=? 9=S10 10=step vans 11=medium duty truck, 12=hummer The 4x4 option is discussed on this forum elsewhere, patch the transmission segment from a 4x4 S10 to the .tun file your using.

s10mods
January 13th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I was the one that did the patch, I tried to swap the trans segment from a 4x4 and that didnt work, I had to start with an S10 4x4 file and patch in the Gvan engine segment, I dont think the 4x4 is in the trans segment. I just wondered if this could be an option for the matrix with these .cax files, this way people running a camaro or vette transplant in a 4x4 truck can get 4 low to work with the change of the matrix, my friend has a LS1 swap in a 93 Yukon and his dont shift in 4 low. it would just make it easer if this could be done rather than swapping files and segments around to make it work.

chevy052500hd
January 13th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I was the one that did the patch, I tried to swap the trans segment from a 4x4 and that didnt work, I had to start with an S10 4x4 file and patch in the Gvan engine segment, I dont think the 4x4 is in the trans segment. I just wondered if this could be an option for the matrix with these .cax files, this way people running a camaro or vette transplant in a 4x4 truck can get 4 low to work with the change of the matrix, my friend has a LS1 swap in a 93 Yukon and his dont shift in 4 low. it would just make it easer if this could be done rather than swapping files and segments around to make it work.

This may help your friend with his ls1 swap, I recently did a tune on a avalanche that had OS 12212156 in it. The truck was also 4x4.

s10mods
January 13th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I was going to start with a truck file and swap the engine segment from the car file for him, but the truck is parked for the winter so I have a little time to wait. I just wondered if this is something that could be added to simplify things instead of swapping segments you could just change an option in the matrix and be all set.

CC&M
January 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
All is good....:)

I'm interested in what you find with the ignition and the Engine Identifier.

Let us know how you go.

Enjoy.

Mick
Mick,
If your still following this thread I have finally made a 4X CMP vortec run with a 5.3 flex fuel OS (12216125). I don't have the fuel comp sensor hooked to it and it sets P0178 as it should. I can see from running it on a test stand that 30# injectors should be considered minimum. I'm currently working on a custom manifold to replace the Light truck and marine vortec manifolds and will be offering some for sale soon. There is a rough in version of what I'm using on the stand included.
Wade

MICK
January 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Wade,

That sound good to me. Good little project you got going there. What were the issues you overcome to get it fired up with this OS?

I see you turned off ETC, so you have this running on a manual TB as well?

Let me know how you get on sounds interesting.

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 14th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Mick,
I set LowRes active in the matrix, engine identifier to 1 and error reporting for ignition 2-8 to (X not reported). This is how I got the ignition to function. It was quite simple when I had a few minutes to play with it. Now on to the not so great news. The fuel injectors have no pulse for cylinders 3,4,5,6, after is goes to run with it set this way, with spark in all 8 holes. I'm thinking that at this point the code will have to be rewritten for it to fire the injectors with the 4X instead of the 24X. I personally am not good enough in code yet to see how to patch the injector sequence at the OS level to make it work. It almost certainly can be done since the 4.3L V6 used the 3X reluctor till at least 2005. I'm still catching up from the OBD1 days.
Wade

MICK
January 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
one more thing, is there a way to add 4WD option? I know the L31 G van tuns dont have 4wd option so when in 4 lo it doesnt shift, is this something that could be added to the platform options? or is this something in the system part of the file?

Actually I have seen a 4WD option parameter that might do the trick.

Which OS do you want to have a look at?

Mick

MICK
January 14th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Mick,
I set LowRes active in the matrix, engine identifier to 1 and error reporting for ignition 2-8 to (X not reported). This is how I got the ignition to function. It was quite simple when I had a few minutes to play with it. Now on to the not so great news. The fuel injectors have no pulse for cylinders 3,4,5,6, after is goes to run with it set this way, with spark in all 8 holes. I'm thinking that at this point the code will have to be rewritten for it to fire the injectors with the 4X instead of the 24X. I personally am not good enough in code yet to see how to patch the injector sequence at the OS level to make it work. It almost certainly can be done since the 4.3L V6 used the 3X reluctor till at least 2005. I'm still catching up from the OBD1 days.
Wade

Wade,

Check out B3704.

Worth a shot, I used the settings from an express van in the attached .tune. Do a compare and you will see the difference.

Let me know how you get along.

Cheers

Mick

CC&M
January 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Mick,
I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
On the 12212156 OS the 4X4 switch is at 16EB0 if I'm not mistaken.
Wade

CC&M
January 14th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Mick,
I see what mean, the sequence follows the firing order. I loaded it to my RR and still have the same result, center 4 cylinders have no fuel.
Wade

CC&M
January 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Mick,
12216125 has it's 4X4 switch at 19482, I believe that I have them right now.
Wade

Stealth97
January 15th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Mick,
I see what mean, the sequence follows the firing order. I loaded it to my RR and still have the same result, center 4 cylinders have no fuel.
Wade

Does 5.3 flex fuel have AFM? Is this related to AFM?

How are you seeing all these neat things inside the code? Is your playing done solely with .cax files or are you using software other than EFI Live?

nevinsb
January 15th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I ran into a similar issue with mine where I got all excited because I had spark on cylinder 1, but when I checked 3, I didn't. I haven't really had a chance to look into it further because my fuel rails have been leaking at the o-rings.

Stealth, this may help:
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=79265&postcount=9

s10mods
January 15th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Actually I have seen a 4WD option parameter that might do the trick.

Which OS do you want to have a look at?

Mick

Mick\Wade, I am looking at the 12212156 OS or the 4x4. what are you guys using to edit the cax files?

Stealth97
January 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Stealth, this may help:

Pretty advanced stuff MICK talks about. Mick, are you a software developer or programmer by trade or strictly hobby?

I now understand that you hexdump a .bin of your tune file somehow (not sure how though yet, maybe with my TC or EFILive cable and some software). Second step is to use this software to look through the tables and add what is missing from the definition file.

Question is, how do you figure out how many rows and columns exist. Guesswork?

The other thing I don't know how to do is look at the definition files in EFI Live or modify them (I guess this is what a .cax does?). They released a VDF editor for TunerCats so I assume people did it with other software before until TC supported editing the VDF's to everybody. I haven't looked into the definition files for TC yet as I've been focusing all my learning on EFI Live since I got some Chevys on the road lately and have been driving them. :grin:

Thanks for the info. Again, very advanced.

CC&M
January 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Mick\Wade, I am looking at the 12212156 OS or the 4x4. what are you guys using to edit the cax files?
cax files are built/edited with notepad, then saved as .cax, not .txt like notepad defaults to. You add options to EFI with the use of the cax file. Mick is much more knowledgeable about this than me, as I'm still drawing on what I knew from the chip burning days. It's a learning curve for me as well.
Wade

MICK
January 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Pretty advanced stuff MICK talks about. Mick, are you a software developer or programmer by trade or strictly hobby?

I now understand that you hexdump a .bin of your tune file somehow (not sure how though yet, maybe with my TC or EFILive cable and some software). Second step is to use this software to look through the tables and add what is missing from the definition file.

Question is, how do you figure out how many rows and columns exist. Guesswork?

The other thing I don't know how to do is look at the definition files in EFI Live or modify them (I guess this is what a .cax does?). They released a VDF editor for TunerCats so I assume people did it with other software before until TC supported editing the VDF's to everybody. I haven't looked into the definition files for TC yet as I've been focusing all my learning on EFI Live since I got some Chevys on the road lately and have been driving them. :grin:

Thanks for the info. Again, very advanced.

LOL...Strickly Hobby.......Self taught PC user.......Been Playing with this hobby for a while and I have made quite a few friends on line.

It takes time to understand what's going on. I have played with TunerPro and TC template editors for many years now, OBD1 and OBD2. They have many Powerful features. Understanding how all there features work and experimenting taught me plenty.

There is no way you can learn this stuff over night, you need to put in the time and like a magician build a box of tricks.There are things I should know but I don't and there are things I do know that I shouldn't!

The .cax files are a great way for folks to add parameters into EFILive never the less. It should be about having fun tuning your pride and joy!

The real credit goes to the people that are willing to share what they have learned. I am grateful to those people.

Cheers

Mick

nevinsb
January 16th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Were you able to convert the .tun files into .bin files, or do I need to procure more hardware?

s10mods
January 16th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I have been playing with pc's for many years, but didnt get much in to code and things like that, played a little with qbasic back in the DOS days and had a very little experence with some VB, but I have been out of that loop for a few years and I want to get back in to it, I know that it takes a long time to learn and I am willing to learn, but there are few that are willing to share there knowledge when it comes to this stuff. I know that you need to dissamble the file to be able to edit it, but how do you know what addresses to modify and what do you use to edit the hex file and dissamble and reassemble the bin files with?

Also did you get a chance to look at the 4x4 option for the 12212156 OS?
Joe

nevinsb
January 16th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Take a look through the manual listed here. It should give you a pretty good idea of how to find tables:

The guys at EFILive have already done a great deal of the work for you finding tables, so you should just be able to look for a similar section of code in the OS you are working on and reference that location in the new CAX file, especially if you use the same segments of the tunes between the different OS, comparing will be rather simple.

I'm thinking a CAX tutorial will be in order shortly since it appears that we have a few users here who know enough to be dangerous.

The OS programming is a much lower level language than QBasic.

CC&M
January 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Give this .cax a try, I don't have a 4x4 to try it on. Look under transmission calibration, 4X4 option enable. I gave it a shot, but have no way to test it. I think I may have to look at the T case low gear table, it may have to have some work done to it as well to get the trans to shift. I'll post more as I get to it. I have to fit this into the time I have between jobs.
Wade

CC&M
January 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
If there is a 4X4 S10 .tun out there that uses the 12212156 OS post it so I have something to compare to. I'm flying blind now without one.
Wade

nevinsb
January 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Try sending an email to Jesse at Wait4Me tuning. He does a LOT of S10 tuning. I only have a hacked up 2WD blazer tune for the 2002 4.3L or the one from HoldenCrazy.

CC&M
January 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I believe that I have found why 4X4's won't shift with an Xpress bin, I'll edit the cax file to include it, when I'm done there's going to have to be somebody willing to try it. I should correct myself, I do have a 4x4 that uses 12212156, but my 40x reluctor is behind the t-case, and has a manual tranny. So I can't test, volunteers?
Wade

MICK
January 17th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Were you able to convert the .tun files into .bin files, or do I need to procure more hardware?

There's a couple of ways to go about it.

You can read straight from the flash chip with a programmer.

There is a hidden TEST panel in TC Winflash software which allows you to download the full flash or segments in .bin format. (Alt+Ctrl+T).

Early versions of Edit had no file encryption.

Sometimes software vendors are nice to people who play fair!

Then the last resort would be to use magic.

Better to start with one .bin of a OS that you are interested in, and see if you can work things out before lashing out the dollars.

Cheers

Mick

s10mods
January 17th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I believe that I have found why 4X4's won't shift with an Xpress bin, I'll edit the cax file to include it, when I'm done there's going to have to be somebody willing to try it. I should correct myself, I do have a 4x4 that uses 12212156, but my 40x reluctor is behind the t-case, and has a manual tranny. So I can't test, volunteers?
Wade

if there is a section to enable/disable it, I will try it on my Yukon with a 6.0/4L80E running 12212156 OS, it shouldnt matter what engine it has if I disable it, it shouldnt shift in 4 lo and when I enable it it should. am I correct in thinking this?
is the .cax in post 46 the one to I should try or did you figure out something else?
Joe.

s10mods
January 17th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I looked at a 12212156 corvette .tun and the 4x4 option was 0 and I looked at a truck .tun and it was set to 1, I will try to test it yet this weekend.

MICK
January 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I looked at a 12212156 corvette .tun and the 4x4 option was 0 and I looked at a truck .tun and it was set to 1, I will try to test it yet this weekend.

The address is correct for the 4WD option but I see there are 27 other parameters to set up the fields for 4WD_Low. You may get function of the 4WD_Low option by selecting it but I think the other parameters may need to be considered if you get some erratic behavior.

cheers

Mick

s10mods
January 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
The address is correct for the 4WD option but I see there are 27 other parameters to set up the fields for 4WD_Low. You may get function of the 4WD_Low option by selecting it but I think the other parameters may need to be considered if you get some erratic behavior.

cheers

Mick

IK finally got around to brushing the snow off my truck and testing the 4low option today and it didnt work. I started with a 4x4 file from my yukon and changed the option to 0 then did a full reflash and it still shifted normal ion 4 low. that must not have been all the parameters.

chevy052500hd
January 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hey Mick,

anyway you can unlock engine code and platform identifiers in 12587603. Got around to installing the hardware on the s10 for e85 and it still is not looking for the sensor even after the ross update to enable disable flex fuel option. I am thinking since I have a s10 it's not in enabled in the platform options? This sound right?

Thanks
Kurt

s10mods
January 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
Mick, how hard would it be to add the other parameters? I created a file that a while back that I did a segment swap on an s10 file to get the xvan file to work with 4 low L31, but it seems that people who are running COS are having trouble with it. do you think if we got the .cax file to actually work that it would work with the COS too? http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68101#68101

Thanks
Joe

MICK
January 21st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hey Mick,

anyway you can unlock engine code and platform identifiers in 12587603. Got around to installing the hardware on the s10 for e85 and it still is not looking for the sensor even after the ross update to enable disable flex fuel option. I am thinking since I have a s10 it's not in enabled in the platform options? This sound right?

Thanks
Kurt

I don't have enough info to include the parameters you want to look at. Not sure if those switches would be included in the options for that OS.

Flex fuel is a busy piece of work, Sorry to disappoint you.

Mick

MICK
January 21st, 2009, 10:11 PM
Mick, how hard would it be to add the other parameters? I created a file that a while back that I did a segment swap on an s10 file to get the xvan file to work with 4 low L31, but it seems that people who are running COS are having trouble with it. do you think if we got the .cax file to actually work that it would work with the COS too? http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68101#68101

Thanks
Joe

I think Howard runs a cos and has the 4W low working but I think he is using a different OS for this reason.

I think there is much more to it then a couple of parameters and would consider that a segment swap would be easier to sort things.

From memory I think the added boost parameters reside in the trans segment of a cos and this might have something to do with it. You need to do the trans seg swap first then upgrade to the cos.

I think Wade was going to have a look at the other parameters and keep playing with this.

Playing around with these parameters is really throwing it out there but I guess that's why we landed on the moon.

It just might be possible to get it to work?

Cheers

Mick

chevy052500hd
January 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM
ah no problem, I will play around with the 512k os, I figured out that 4 set as the engine code is a 4.3. Maybe a step in the right direction. Thanks for your input.

Kurt

chevy052500hd
January 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
with the engine code set a 4 is it still possible to retain COP? anyone have a clue, I will mess with this during the weekend see what I can come up with.

CC&M
January 22nd, 2009, 06:10 AM
I'm still looking at getting this to work, but my day job keeps interfering with my hobby time. My laptop dying a couple days ago with the work I had started didn't help much either. I post what I know as soon as I think it's going to work. One hurdle that I'm working on now is the factor to get the transfer case low ratio to display in EFI correctly.
Wade

chevy052500hd
January 22nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Well I am not quite sure if the os I have now is not looking for the fuel sensor or just the dtc enablers are not running to check for the sensor. For now I will just dig up my old 0411 and try loading in some v6 cal's to the flex fuel os. Wade when you got yours going did you check to see if the other spark outputs where firing. Just curious if they still work.

CC&M
January 22nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
I had fire in all eight holes, but no injector pulse in 2,3,4,5 cylinders. The biggest problem I have right now is time to devote to some of these projects. I have been working on a retrofit manifold and injector solution for the 96-02 vortecs and earlier small blocks that includes a retrofit harness. From the testing I did this morning I am quite pleased.

hquick
January 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Nope....I don't have it working Mick.
I rarely use it...so it was kinda put on the back burner.
It'd be nice to have it working and it's deffinately an issue with the Custom Operating Systems.

s10mods
January 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'm still looking at getting this to work, but my day job keeps interfering with my hobby time. My laptop dying a couple days ago with the work I had started didn't help much either. I post what I know as soon as I think it's going to work. One hurdle that I'm working on now is the factor to get the transfer case low ratio to display in EFI correctly.
Wade
That would be another useful option is to be able to change the low ratio, that would be great for people doing gen 3 swapps in to jeeps and things with a different than stock t-case ratio EG 4:1.

chevy052500hd
January 23rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
well I messed around with my truck tonight. Set engine code to 4 for 4.3l and made sure all calibrations matched stock 4.3l cal. So far the engine would crank and run briefly for like a second. Seemed to be firing on a couple of cylinders, didn't check to see what wasn't there. Just outta curosity wade did your 5.7 do that too? I have some spare coils and will wire them all directly to the pcm, I am thinking it is looking for multiple coils not just one coil and a distributor. Hard to check to see if all injectors are firing since I have a stock 4.3l spider setup. I will tinker with it some more this weekend.

hquick
January 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
Just looked at my original tune with the 60E in it and the code is set to 6. Looked at a 2002 silverado with the same op system and it's set to 9.
What does this mean?

hquick
January 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
How do I convert that .cax file for the COS3 (01270003) op system?
Never mind...did it!
Anyone wanting to use it just rename it to .cax instead of .txt

hquick
January 23rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
OK....looking at the 4x4 option table.
My original tune and the COS3 tune are both set to 1 (enable 4x4).