PDA

View Full Version : Log BEN1 but cant see it on Map

Aint Skeered
January 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM
When I log I can see it on my pid list on scan tool after moving my log from EFI explorer to my logs. What I mean is when reviewing my log I can see on the data what the air fuel is from my lm1 but I cant get my Map for ve with lm1 to see the ben factor. It just has a line through the top of it.

i am useing the latest update as well. What do I need to have to see it in the map?

Aint Skeered
January 2nd, 2009, 02:42 AM
I went to map and it said ben 1 not selected. I went back to pids and for some reason when it comes from the v2 to scantool, that pid is not selected to view log.
I selected it on my own and it worked.

Now another question, my car idles around 72kpa on the map. In that area on b3605 it is commanding 1.11-1.12 so there for it asking to idle rich. Is that why when I look at my map it is so far out from 1.00 factor?

I think my lower ve table is way to low . I had a tuner that is pretty damn good tell me that the big cam will want less in the lower rpm range so I lowered the ve table to what he said. now it seems that its quite lean and this thing wants more.

My setup is a 347 forged rods and pistons. with 249/243 .612/.612 cam motion cam. 112 lsa 110 icl.
I am using 5.3 heads milled down to 54 cc chambers with 2.0int. 1.60 exh valves that flow in the upper 280's and am running a 6.0 truck intake with the stock 75mm throttle body. This setup is in a 2300 lb chevy II Nova with a th350 and 8" BTE converter around 5300 stall. I will change intakes to a better one after I see what this one can do. 4.11 gears and 31x13x15 M/T slicks.

I have not opened the hole any in the throttle blade but this thing idles pretty well with the maf only tune that I put in untill my ve table is straight.

When I run in maf only , the car has great throttle response revving and idles great . It is a drag only setup , I wanted to tune in speed density but it may just be a maf tune since it idles so well and if I rev it , it revs great.

If I go that route, whats the best way to dial in the maf for wot? could I cheat the pe table untill I see my af ratio where I want it? or would I be better doing a maf calibration with the wideband?

My problem is at idle, my lm1 reads up to 19/1 af even though it idles great and repsonds quick. SHould the wideband show that at Idle with that size cam?

Aint Skeered
January 2nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/chad12345/nova2-1.jpg

Just thought I would share my project so you all know what this engine is in.

nevinsb
January 2nd, 2009, 03:27 AM
What are you using for injectors (Part number)/fuel pressure regulator?

Aint Skeered
January 2nd, 2009, 03:58 AM
I am using ford 30 lb/hr red tops with a corvette fuel filter that is a return line and psi regulator all in one.

nevinsb
January 2nd, 2009, 04:11 AM
So it is not vacuum referenced?

joecar
January 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Aint Skeered,

When connecting with the laptop, you may need to do Validate Pids one time.

Nice drag car...:cheers:...very light mass.

joecar
January 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
You may want to disable DFCO... set B3313 to 284°F.

If you don't have the AIR pump, you may want to disable the AIR pump... set B0204 to zero.

To calibrate the MAF table you need several things:
0. measure fuel rail pressure... if it varies by more than +/-2 psi then find out why;
1. calculate the IFR table using the spreadsheet (your FPR has no intake manifold vacuum hose, right...?);
2. calibrate the VE table using wideband (AutoVE);
3. calibrate MAF (AutoMAF): set B0120 to zero, enable MAF, and follow similar procedure to AutoVE but apply/multiply to B5001.

Some comments:
- OLSD will give you quickest throttle response (SD and MAF make same HP & TQ, but OL/SD have no distance/time delays from sensors... i.e. instantaneous table look ups... if tables are correct then response is excellent);
- OLSD is perfect for drag racing;
- get the last 3 columns of B3605 sufficiently rich for WOT (something like 12.8) and ramp with rest of table;
- make B3618 same as last 3 columns of B3605 (you can AutoVE like this);
- get IFR/VE correct and then follow the idle tutorial (try to avoid drilling the blade).

joecar
January 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Once you get the VE table good, and set suitable AFRs in B3605/B3618, the cam will be happy everywhere it was designed for.

Aint Skeered
January 2nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks Joe, I will try this tomorrow. I went and had my exhaust put on it today. ( 3" bullets) and went and had the car scaled at a lumber yard. I dont know how true it is but they said 2480 with out me in it. It weighed that with the big block on another scale so I am going to take it to get weighed on race car scales.

I drove it about 2 miles today by my brothers house in the country and my wideband show lean. It Idles around 18-19/1 and when I went Wot , it showed around 14.1/1 I got out of it but did not hear any pinging but did not have my v2 hooked up as I forgot it at home. I am going to the track if it does not rain Sunday and I will try to get the ve closer. Right now it is in full maf mode. It does have a stumble when I first hit the gas peddle and then it jumps and take the gas just fine.

Now that the exhaust is on I will do some more short trips to get it close.

Aint Skeered
January 2nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
one question Joe, to add more fuel in maf mode, do you add to the maf tables?

joecar
January 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
one question Joe, to add more fuel in maf mode, do you add to the maf tables?In MAF mode, for any RPM above B0120, you can add to the MAF table... below B0120 the PCM uses VE and/or MAF (you can't tell which) so you have to add to both... or if you set B0120 to zero then you can add to MAF table only... or instead of VE/MAF adjustment, you could subtract from the IFR table.

Aint Skeered
January 3rd, 2009, 02:51 AM
Thats what I thought but was not sure. Thanks Joe. Not looking to hack at those but was making sure I knew which way it moved to go rich or lean.

Aint Skeered
January 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hey Joe, for shits and giggles I got out my old Maf translater. I added 10% at base and 14% wot and at base it is damn near perfect idleing around 15/1 and when I rev it it goes in the 13's. I have not tried to run the car down the street with wot but I figure I would go real fat and work my way down.

The reason for this is less flashing untill i get an Idea of what the car wants and then flash it into the maf table. I am trying a full Maf tune on it where it is not using the ve table at all. SO far , when I cranked it cold this morning, with 10 % added to the base it cranked with out me touching the throttle and idled great.

For a 239.243 cam it idles absalutely perfect with the maf tune. SO I am not touching it untill I go to the dyno in a couple weeks where I can actually play with a ve tune.