PDA

View Full Version : Connecting LC-1's

MyM8V8
January 2nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hi all,

I am just in the process of installing LC-1's and have routed the cables into the cab. I have bought a serial cable from TAQ to log digitally after daisy chaining the LC-1s together.

My question is, how does the system know which LC-1 is to which bank, i.e 1 or 2?

Thanks in advance. Gareth

BTW, 2005 HSV Maloo LS2 A4. I have marked the cables for bank 1 and 2.

joecar
January 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
The first LC-1 (the one with the terminator plug inserted into SERIAL IN) is WB1, the next one is WB2... if I remember right.

MyM8V8
January 3rd, 2009, 05:32 AM
The first LC-1 (the one with the terminator plug inserted into SERIAL IN) is WB1, the next one is WB2... if I remember right.

Cheers mate.

MyM8V8
January 3rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Just one more thing.

As this is a digital serial connection could I add in a dash mounted digital afr gauge by daisy chaining it into the system? If so are they available?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

joecar
January 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
I believe the gauges work from the analog output... you may have to program one of the analog outputs to match the gauge's AFR:V requirements.

MyM8V8
January 6th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I believe the gauges work from the analog output... you may have to program one of the analog outputs to match the gauge's AFR:V requirements.

Hi Joe, I just thought I'd add that I've been on the Innovate site and found that I can daisy chain their XD-16 guage into the system using the phono connection supplied. I think it can be programmed to pick up a reading from either bank.

It's a case of me not RTFM. Sorry for being dumb once again, but thanks for all the other help.

The LC-1's are all installed now so I'm ready for my first VE logging session.

Cheers Gareth

joecar
January 6th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Gareth, let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe
:cheers:

MyM8V8
January 7th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Gareth, let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe
:cheers:

Works a treat Joe. The serial connection is a doddle to set up, no off set gounds, no voltage calibrations, just plug and play. I am very impressed with the V2 readout, you can get the screen to display AFR, Lambda or EQ for either bank or even 4 mini screens showing both banks reading out either two of the above.

Add in the fact you can do a remote free air calibration from the V2 panel, it makes it an awesome piece of kit!

Now, back to the learning curve!!! :book:

jermstyle
January 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I think that Innovate needs to start including the serial cables and swap the COM port for USB.

They could change a few other things too, but that would be a good start.

MyM8V8
January 7th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I think that Innovate needs to start including the serial cables and swap the COM port for USB.

They could change a few other things too, but that would be a good start.

Totally agree with that, unfortunately it could hurt TAQuickness' business as he's a very helpful contributor to us, as is the LC-1 serial connection manual he has written and supplies as a download for his cables.

jermstyle
January 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
True. I guess was thinking that he should work something out with them and either sell the cables to them or quickly patent the idea and sell them the rights to it. :)

joecar
January 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
TAQuickness provides the 2.5mm male stereo to RJ12 serial cable (for connection to FlashScan V2).

Innovate include the 2.5mm male stereo to DB9 serial cable (for connection to laptop/PC).

Notice how those two are different... they don't overlap (you connect to either of V2 or PC, not both).

If you want to connect to your laptop/PC USB port you can use a serial to USB adapter.

Yes, I agree... TAQuickness's cables and prices are excellent :cheers:
(buying the parts and tools exceeds the price of a cable... not to mention "Made in USA" labour).

MyM8V8
January 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
TAQuickness provides the 2.5mm male stereo to RJ12 serial cable (for connection to FlashScan V2).

Innovate include the 2.5mm male stereo to DB9 serial cable (for connection to laptop/PC).

Notice how those two are different... they don't overlap (you connect to either of V2 or PC, not both).

If you want to connect to your laptop/PC USB port you can use a serial to USB adapter.

Yes, I agree... TAQuickness's cables and prices are excellent :cheers:
(buying the parts and tools exceeds the price of a cable... not to mention "Made in USA" labour).

Yes a good service from him, even to the UK.

I think what Jermstyle said is true though, Innovate need to get up to date. I have just bought a sub note for logging work and it doesn't even have a DB9, just USB's, so a usb cable would be more helpful. :)