PDA

View Full Version : Changing the BCM

goldbergv95
January 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
I have a 02 Trailblazer 4x4 and I like to know is it possible to change the BCM with efilive? Becuase Im trying to add something in it and remove an optial equipment. If not what can we use to change the BCM

mr.prick
January 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
you can "re-link" the PCM to a new BCM,
but you cannot change the BCM itself.

goldbergv95
January 4th, 2009, 05:38 AM
so your saying just buy a new one then get gm to reprogram it?

nevinsb
January 4th, 2009, 05:49 AM
The tech 2 can flash the BCM with different images, but you can't change settings in it. If you can find one from the same vehicle with the features you want, you can jot down that vin number and have the dealer flash the BCM with that image.

goldbergv95
January 4th, 2009, 05:52 AM
alright I found one vin but the problem is the other vin dont have bose sound and losethe heat and signal side mirrors.

but ive heard some people were able to install the side mirrors with signal and heater deforster when originally these features were not included in their viehicle. How is that possible?

nevinsb
January 4th, 2009, 06:59 AM
The cars equipped with the manual mirrors may still have the BCM functionality to handle power windows. About the only experience I have had was converting a pickup to use DRL/fog lamps. It would have been a lot easier if I had software that could see features the vehicle was equipped with, but it doesn't seem to exist. It would be so nice to be able to set/display default light settings, door switches, and radio settings.

You can look up the calibration part numbers on the tis2web.service.gm.com