PDA

View Full Version : Locking up circle D tc

goldbergv95
January 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
I have an I6 engine and I dont know how to adjust the tune to lock up my circle d torque converter. How do you lock it up and what is recommended in locking this baby up? Thanks

goldbergv95
January 4th, 2009, 04:37 AM
bump

goldbergv95
January 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
anyone??

joecar
January 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Post your trans tune file.

goldbergv95
January 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
n/m...

goldbergv95
January 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
anyone??

joecar
January 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
It seems to me that your tune should work ok with your TCC...

There's not really much you can tune: when it locks you want it to lock good (max pressure to TCC) which is what stock tune does... basically plug and play.

If you don't like when it locks (MPH vs TP) you may want to adjust the apply/release tables (but do keep the release speeds below the apply speeds).

Is your Circle-D locking ok...? Is it locking during cruise...? Is it unlocking for any unwanted reason (check for misfires)...?

Is your Circle-D a stall converter...? If so, and if you're hitting the rev limiter at WOT instead of upshifting the first time, then you may have to reduce the WOT RPM and/or MPH constant(s) to get the upshift(s) at the correct WOT RPM.

Does your Circle-D TCC have a single plate or multiple plates...? Multi-plates can survive staying locked during WOT upshifting... but by unlocking the TCC during upshifts you can benefit from torque multiplication (converter is allowed to multiply engine torque giving better accleration) and "shift extension" (engine RPM is allowed to stay up (hopefully still inside the good part of the torque curve) allowing engine to pull hard).

Cheers
Joe
:)