PDA

View Full Version : LMM ECM swap problems....no remote start

DuramaxPowered
January 4th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Ok, I helped a buddy do an ECM swap/DPF delete on his 08'. I put in a brand new ECM and did a full flash of his stock OS, now the remote start doesn't work. The tune is set properly, no CEL, so that's not the problem. Has anybody else had this issue?

modpcm
January 4th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Ok, I helped a buddy do an ECM swap/DPF delete on his 08'. I put in a brand new ECM and did a full flash of his stock OS, now the remote start doesn't work. The tune is set properly, no CEL, so that's not the problem. Has anybody else had this issue?

Hi, maybe you already check all this , in case not , it's from GM service information

The RVS system will not operate if any of the following conditions are present:

• A current vehicle DTC that illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)

• The vehicle is in valet mode.
• More than 2 remote starts have been attempted.
• The hazard switch is in the ON position.
• A current hazard switch DTC is set.
• The vehicle hood is ajar.
• A current hood ajar DTC is set.
• The CTD system detects an alarm trigger.
• Excessive engine RPM
• Excessive coolant temperature
• Accelerator pedal position greater than 0 percent
• Vehicle not in park
• Vehicle theft deterrent malfunction
• A current automatic transmission shift lock control system DRC is set.
• A vehicle speed sensor signal is detected by the ECM.

modpcm

GAMEOVER
January 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Thats good info..........

rdaniels
January 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
The injector flow rate needs to be flashed in separately. This caused mine not to remote start. There was an SES light lit also.

GMPX
January 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Remember, the V2 can copy the Injector Flow rates from the Glow Plug Module and program them in to the ECM for you.

Cheers,
Ross

DuramaxPowered
January 6th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Remember, the V2 can copy the Injector Flow rates from the Glow Plug Module and program them in to the ECM for you.

Cheers,
Ross
How is this performed?... i can't seem to find any info on doing this.

GMPX
January 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Connect the OBD-II cable to the truck, turn IGN on.
From the main V2 menu, press -
F3 then,
F2
Now you can select to read the Flow rate (from a GPM) by pressing F1, then program them in to the ECM using F2.

Cheers,
Ross

DuramaxPowered
January 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks, will try that tomorrow.

DuramaxPowered
January 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Just tryed that on my truck and had an error come up $0185 file or file system not formatted...... I was using the v2 by itself, not laptop. Does the laptop have to be hooked up to perform this task?

Blacky
January 6th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Just tryed that on my truck and had an error come up $0185 file or file system not formatted...... I was using the v2 by itself, not laptop. Does the laptop have to be hooked up to perform this task?

You need to format the file system on the V2.

The file system can be one of two things:
1. The internal flash memory, called the "internal" file system (if you don't have an SD Card).
2. An SD card inserted into the SD card slot.

You can choose which file system, you want to use in the options screen. F4 Options -> F1 Setup -> F1 Edit Settings -> File Sys: set to SD Card or to Internal using the left/right arrow keys.

Once you have selected the file system that you want to use, you should format it. To do that:

F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

Once that is done you can do the injector data copy.

Regards
Paul

DuramaxPowered
January 7th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I programmed the GPM flow rates into the ECM and the problem is fixed now. Thanks to all who helped out, this was pretty stubborn problem!!

GMPX
January 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Who would have thought the injector flow codes would have caused all this.

usafracer
January 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I am having the same problem. I have programmed the flow rates cleared codes and still no go. The glow plug light will come on and then go off and the truck will no turn over. It starts and runs fine with the key. I can install the factory ECM and it will fire up no problem. Any ideas????

GMPX
January 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
What I would suggest is to download and extract the zip below in to the folder - \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

Then restart the Scantool, revalidate the PID's on your truck and look for the PID's GM.RVSDIS1 - GM.RVSDIS8.
If you log this (probably just GM.RVSDIS1 will be fine), this will show the reason(s) why the Remote Vehicle Start was disabled.

Cheers,
Ross

usafracer
January 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Ross I will do that in the morning it is too cold out now to be playing

GMPX
January 27th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Right now it's 105+ deg here, you can have some if you want!

usafracer
January 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
No thanks I got my fair share of that in Iraq earlier this year.

usafracer
January 28th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Ross
I ran the pids and came up with nothing. I installed the factory computer and it cumes up with a mil indicator (I don't have the no dpf tune on the stock computer.) On the factory computer it will start and then shut off. With my spare it wont even crank. I am at a loss here. I am going to try a different computer tonight. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks again.

usafracer
January 28th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks to a lot of help from Rob we got it figured out. It turned out to me a faulty ECM. Full flashed one that Rob had and no problems.

Thanks everyone.

GMPX
January 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Well, that is odd indeed. Glad it's sorted though.